Chapter 34

Theo POV

I was pissed as fuck.

They fucking dared to take my friend?! They dared to blackmail my sister with our friend’s life?!

I saw red.

I would kill them.

I would fucking kill them all.

I stood up and walked back to my brother and sister.

Lucy stopped fighting us and trying to leave. She was now sobbing quietly in Noah’s arms. Noah kept running his fingers through her hair and kissing the top of her head.

I cupped her cheeks and made her look at me.

Her face was red and wet from her tears. Her eyes were puffy, and the tears just wouldn’t stop falling down her cheeks.

“This isn’t your fault.” I told her. “It’s not your fault, Lucy.”

She sobbed and shook her head the best she could considering that I was holding her head.

“It is.” she said, her voice breaking. “If it wasn’t for me…”

“Riley wouldn’t have such a wonderful friend.” Aiden finished her sentence.

We looked at him, and my heart broke. He looked tortured.

I knew exactly how he felt. I knew what it was like to lose a twin. I knew what it was like to know that they were hurt. I knew what it was like to feel powerless.

I remembered it all too well. I caressed Lucy’s cheek, reminding myself that she was here.

“It’s not your fault, Lucy.” Aiden said, his voice laced with pain. “Please don’t blame yourself. I don’t blame you. Ethan doesn’t blame you. Riley won’t blame you.”

Ethan pulled his brother into a hug and kissed his forehead. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

Lucy sobbed, making me look at her.

“Not your fault, Sunshine.” I told her softly. “Not your fault.”

Noah leaned his head on hers and closed his eyes. He looked so scared.

He loved Riley so much. I loved Riley so much. We had to find her. We had to.

Ezra walked back to the living room. His eyes went to Lucy, and he tightened his jaw. He approached us and picked up Lucy in his arms. She wrapped her arms and legs around him and leaned her head on his shoulder.

Ezra rubbed her back softly.

“Peter is on his way here.” Ezra said, looking at Ethan and Aiden. “They found a video of Riley’s kidnapping.”

My heart raced.

“Who took her?!” Aiden shouted, jumping up.

“Peter said that his back was turned to the camera all the time.” Ezra said. “They couldn’t see his face. Peter thinks that it could be a student. He wants you guys to see the video. Maybe you will recognize him.”

“Fucker.” Noah mumbled.

“You don’t have to watch it, guys.” Ezra said to Ethan and Aiden. “Noah and Theo could do it.”

“No.” Ethan said immediately. “I want to see him. I need to see him.”

Ezra nodded and kissed Lucy’s temple.

“I love you, honey.” Ezra told her softly.

She mumbled an ‘I love you too’ and buried her head in Ezra’s neck.

I sat down next to Noah and took his hand in mine. He squeezed it tightly.

I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know what to say. What could I even say to Aiden and Ethan?

Did something someone said help me when Lucy was taken?

No.

Nothing helped me. The only thing that did was when I finally had my sister back in my arms.

“Mom and dad are going to be devastated.” Aiden said quietly.

I looked at him. He was back in his brother’s arms.

“Not for long.” Ethan told him, trying to sound brave. “We will find her. Even before they make it back from Canada.”

The doorbell rang, and the four of us jumped up.

Liam came out of nowhere and opened the front door.

“Where are they?” Peter asked as he barged inside.

His eyes fell on Aiden and Ethan, and he gulped. He rushed toward us, pulling out a laptop from his bag.

“Did you call my parents, Liam?” Ethan asked, his voice trembling.

“I did, but I couldn’t reach them.” Liam said. “I left them a message.”

Ethan nodded and looked at Peter.

“I need you to find her.” Ethan said, his voice breaking. “I need her back.”

Peter nodded and placed the laptop on the coffee table.

“Will you be able to watch?” Peter asked.

Ethan and Aiden nodded.

Noah squeezed my hand tightly.

“Lucy, honey, how about I make us some tea, and you and I can drink it in the kitchen?” Ezra asked softly.

“No.” Lucy said, raising her head. “ I want to see.”

“No, love.” Liam said as he approached Ezra and Lucy.

He kissed the top of her head and rubbed her back.

“I don’t want you to see that.” Liam said. “Ezra will take you to the kitchen.”

“But…” Lucy argued, but Ethan interrupted her.

“You don’t need to see this, Lucy.” Ethan said softly. “Go with your brother, okay?”

Lucy looked at him with a pained expression on her face.

“You don’t have to see your best friend getting kidnapped.” Ethan said, his voice breaking. “I don’t want you to see it and get hurt like that. Please, Lucy, go with Ezra.”

Lucy gulped and gave him a small nod.

Ezra kissed her temple, and Lucy leaned her head back down on his shoulder.

“We will be in the kitchen.” Ezra said as he walked away with Lucy in his arms.

My heart raced. I didn’t like the fact that I wouldn’t be able to see her.

She would be safe with Ezra. I knew that. But I wanted to see her. I wanted to know that she was really safe. I needed it.

Noah understood my fear. I felt his hand tighten around mine. He pulled me closer to him, and I took a deep breath.

I looked back at Peter.

This would be over soon, and Lucy would be back with me in just a few short minutes.

I needed to focus on Riley, Aiden, and Ethan. They needed me right now.

Riley needed me. I had to find her.

I had to.

“If you want me to stop the video, just tell me, okay?” Peter said as he opened the laptop. “Try to focus on the guy. Maybe you will recognize him by his clothes or his manners.”

Peter focused on the laptop screen. He wrote something and looked back up at us.

“There is a small frame where his profile is visible.” Peter said. “I will pause it so you can get a good look.”

We nodded.

I felt Liam’s hand on my shoulder.

Peter turned the laptop toward us.

I glanced at Aiden and Ethan.

They were holding onto each other tightly.

Peter pressed play, and the video started.

I saw my friend putting something in her backpack.

Her back was turned toward the camera, and I couldn’t see her face.

A few seconds later, a man came into the frame.

Aiden sobbed.

My heart fucking raced.

Who the fuck was he?!