Chapter 24

Lucy POV

My heart was racing, and it didn’t show signs of slowing down.

My palms were sweaty, and it was hard to breathe.

Both Theo and Noah had their arms wrapped around my body. I could feel how tense they were. I could feel their anger. I could feel their fear.

I knew that I screwed up. I knew that I had to tell them about this sooner.

But Sienna…

Why would she do that to me?

She seemed so sincere, so kind, and so nice. She seemed like she could become my friend, my sister.

Why would she lie to me? Why would she want to separate me from my brother?

“You won’t leave our side from now on.” Theo spoke, breaking the silence. “We will be together all the time.”

I leaned my head on Theo’s shoulder and took a deep breath.

“Okay.” I said quietly.

Even if I wanted to argue, I knew it would be pointless. Theo wouldn’t leave me alone.

I didn’t want to argue. I felt safest with my brothers. I didn’t want them to leave me.

“I’m sorry.” I mumbled. “I should have told you sooner.”

“You should have.” Noah said as he ran his fingers through my hair. “God, Lucy, we can’t lose you again. We wouldn’t survive that. We were completely broken without you.”

I lifted my head off of Theo’s shoulder and looked at Noah.

My heart clenched painfully when I saw how broken he looked.

I pulled him closer and kissed his cheek. He buried his head in my neck.

“I am sorry.” I said, trying to stop the tears. “I won’t leave you again. I will never leave you again.”

“Somebody could have hurt you.” Noah mumbled. “Somebody wants to hurt you again. Somebody wants to take you away from us again.”

Noah’s voice broke, and he sobbed.

I tightened my hold on him.

“They won’t take me, Noah.” I said as I kissed his temple. “You won’t let them take me. I won’t let them take me.”

I felt Noah’s tears on my shoulder, and my heart broke. I wanted to take his pain away.

This was why I listened to Sienna. I didn’t want to see my brothers hurt again.

“I will kill them all.” Theo said coldly as he tightened his arms around Noah and me. “I will kill anyone who tries to hurt her, Noah. I will kill anyone who tries to approach her. I will kill anyone who tries to touch her.”

I looked at Theo and saw a look of pure hatred in his eyes.

“You won’t have to do that.” I said softly as I caressed his cheek. “No one will try to hurt me. I am safe with you.”

Theo looked at me and cupped my cheeks.

“No one will ever hurt you again.” he said sternly. “I won’t let them touch you. You are safe with me.”

“I know, Theo.” I said, giving him a small smile.

“You have to tell me every fucking thing from now on.” he continued, narrowing his eyes slightly. “I want to know everything. I need to know everything. You will never keep anything from me again.”

I nodded.

“Words, Lucy.” Theo said.

“I won’t keep anything from you ever again.” I said quietly.

Theo studied my face for a second before he nodded and looked at Noah.

“Are you okay?” Theo asked our brother as he ran his fingers through Noah’s hair.

Noah lifted his head, looked at Theo and me, and nodded.

“Theo is right, Lucy.” Noah said, looking at me. “No more hiding stuff from us. Especially not if some bitch you don’t even know tells you something stupid.”

“I knew that she would turn out to be a bitch.” Theo said, gritting his teeth. “Why does no one ever listen to me?”

“We should be more strict from now on.” Noah said. “No one gets to her. If our family and friends want to hang out with her, they can only do it if one of us is with her.”

“Agreed.” Theo nodded.

“Our friends and family aren’t a threat.” I said quietly.

“They took you from grandpa.” Theo said, clenching his fists.

“That wasn’t grandpa’s fault.” I defended him immediately.

“It wasn’t.” Noah agreed. “But we won’t make the same mistake again. We won’t leave you alone with anyone ever again.”

Theo nodded just as we heard a knock on my bedroom door.

Ezra opened the door and peered inside.

“Hey, guys.” he said softly, giving us a small smile.

He approached us and kissed my forehead.

“Our family would like to see you, honey.” Ezra said softly.

“Did you tell them everything?” I asked quietly.

“We did, honey.” Ezra said. “They are pretty upset, and they need to see that you are okay.”

I nodded and looked at Theo and Noah. They let me go so I could stand up, but they both took my hand in theirs as they followed me out of my bedroom.

“Oh, our little girl.” grandpa said as soon as we walked into the living room.

Dylan was the first one to get to me. He grabbed me and pinned me to his chest.

Theo and Noah let my hands go so I could hug him back.

“No one is going to hurt you, my little Shortcake.” Dylan said. “No one.”

I felt my uncle’s hand rubbing my back softly.

“That bitch will pay, trouble.” Matt said as he pulled me away from Dylan. “I promise you.”

I smiled at him, and he kissed my forehead.

Carter was next to hug me.

“I love you, Lucy.” he said softly.

“I love you too.” I said, hugging him tightly.

I looked at my grandpa and gave him a small smile. He reached out for me and I walked into his arms.

“My little girl.” grandpa mumbled as he kissed the top of my head. “You are safe with us, sweetie. They won’t hurt you again.”

“I know, grandpa.” I said quietly.

Theo and Noah pulled me back into their arms.

“Peter should be here any moment now.” Liam said, looking at me. “Are you okay, love? Will you be able to talk to him?”

I nodded, leaning more into my brothers.

My phone started ringing, and Liam pulled it out of his pocket. He looked down and sighed.

“It’s Mike.” he said. “Do you want to answer?”

I nodded as I felt warmth spread across my body. A conversation with my best friend was exactly what I needed right now.

Liam handed me my phone.

“Come back quickly, okay?” Liam told me. “We need to give your phone to the police.”

I nodded and walked away from the living room.

I felt Theo and Noah’s eyes on me the whole time.

“Mike?” I said as I answered the call.

“Lucy?” I heard his gentle voice. “I miss you.”

A small smile spread across my cheeks.

I missed him too. So much.