Chapter 22

Liam POV

I saw fucking red.

Did those two fuckers really think that they could take my sister away from me again? Did they really think that they would touch her again? Did they really think that I would let them hurt her again?

I would snap their necks and end their pathetic little lives without remorse.

No one hurts my child. No one hurts my baby sister.

I was holding the phone so fucking hard that I was sure I would crack it.

“I am going to kill them.” Noah said coldly.

I didn’t even recognize his voice.

I looked at him and saw him staring at the wall with a terrifying expression on his face. His left hand was tangled up in Lucy’s hair. He was pressing her closer to him. His right hand was wrapped around Theo, but I could see him clench and unclench his fist rapidly.

Theo wasn’t moving. I wasn’t sure if he was breathing.

I forced myself to move, pulled my phone out of my pocket, and handed it to Ezra.

“Call Peter.” I told him.

He took the phone out of my hand, stood up, and walked out of the living room.

His body was rigid. He was shaking, and I could tell how pissed off he was. Not to mention that Sienna was at fucking fault here. Lucy almost got hurt again all because of that bitch. I would have to talk to Ezra later. He needed me right now.

I looked at my youngest siblings and took a deep breath.

“Can you give Lucy to me for a second, guys?” I asked my brothers as I ran my fingers through Theo’s tangled hair.

He really needed a haircut.

“No.” Noah said sternly.

“Noah, I’m just going to hug her, that’s all.” I said, trying to keep the sadness out of my voice.

I was so fucking sad. I was so fucking angry.

I wanted to burn the fucking world to the ground.

Lucy looked up at Noah and gave him a small smile.

“It’s okay, Noah.” she said softly.

Noah looked up at me and nodded. He let Lucy go, but Theo didn’t move.

I sighed and cupped Lucy’s cheeks.

“No one will hurt you ever again, okay?” I told her softly. “I won’t let them hurt you.”

A tear fell on her cheek, and I wiped it away.

“I am sorry.” Lucy mumbled. “I should have told you sooner.”

“I understand why you didn’t.” I said, trying to stay calm. “Sienna made you believe that you would hurt Ezra if you did. She made you reconsider everything you knew about us. She will pay for that.”

I stopped talking to take a deep breath. I had to keep my anger under control.

“But if something like that happens again, if someone tells you something that makes you question us, I want you to come talk to me immediately.” I said, looking her in the eyes. “Don’t take anyone’s words about us seriously until I or your brothers confirm them.”

Lucy sobbed and nodded.

“I am sorry.” she said quietly. “I am so sorry.”

Lucy reached out for me, and I pulled her into my lap, taking her away from Theo.

Theo’s head snapped up, and he glared at me. I ignored him completely.

I hugged my sister as tightly as I could.

“I wanted to be a good sister.” Lucy sobbed, trying to take a deep breath. “You’ve done so much for me, and I wanted to protect you. I didn’t want to add another problem to the already long lost of problems you had because of me. Sienna said I could talk to her about anything, but I...”

Lucy stopped talking because her sobs became too much for her to handle. She was having trouble breathing again. She was panicking again.

My heart broke.

“You are the best sister, love.” I said as I kissed the top of her head. “We didn’t have problems because of you. We saved you, and we would do it all again in a heartbeat if it meant that you were safe. We love you so fucking much, and we would do anything for you. Just like you would do anything for us. I’m so proud of you because of that, but I don’t want you to endanger yourself, baby. We are strongest and safest when we are all together. Don’t separate yourself from us.”

Lucy wrapped her arms around my neck tightly.

“I love you.” she said quietly.

“I love you too, my baby.” I said as I started rocking her back and forth.

I looked at Noah and Theo and reached out for them. They joined our hug immediately.

I heard footsteps approaching us. Ezra came to stand behind us. He bent down and kissed the top of Lucy’s head.

“I’m glad you didn’t talk to Sienna.” Ezra told her. “I don’t know her intentions. I don’t know what she wanted to achieve. I’m glad you didn’t tell her about this. I don’t want her to know anything that could hurt you, honey.”

I was glad she didn’t tell that bitch anything. She could have used it against her. She could have made it worse.

“Liam, can I talk to you for a second, please?” Ezra asked.

I nodded and let my siblings go. Theo and Noah pulled Lucy to them immediately.

I stood up and followed my brother to the kitchen.

The first thing I did once we stopped walking, was hug him.

“I am so sorry, Ezra.” I said as I tightened my arms around him. “You didn’t deserve this. You deserve the whole fucking world. I know that you are in pain right now, and I wish that I could take it away.”

Ezra hugged me back and took a deep breath.

“Why did she do it, Liam?” he mumbled quietly.

My heart clenched painfully.

“I don’t know.” I said. “But we will find out. You are not alone in this. You have me. You have our siblings. We will always be here for you.”

“Thank you.” Ezra said as he tightened his hold on me.

My heart hurt so fucking much. My brother deserved everything. He deserved a partner who would love him and cherish him. He was the best fucking person I knew, and I would be damned if I let some bitch hurt him.

He was my best friend and my partner in crime. If it weren’t for him, I would never manage to raise my brothers. I would never be able to handle what happened to my sister. I couldn’t imagine my life without him in it.

He was my rock, and that bitch would pay for hurting him.

I let him go and gave him a little smile.

He smiled back and took a deep breath.

“I will deal with her later.” Ezra said as he sat down on one of the bar stools. “We have bigger issues right now.”

“What did Peter say?” I asked, clenching my fists.

“The fuckers are in jail.” Ezra said angrily. “They didn’t escape.”

My anger rose rapidly. I tightened my jaw and narrowed my eyes.

“That means…” I spoke quietly.

“They have someone working for them on the outside.” Ezra finished for me.

I saw red.

I was going to fucking kill whoever thought that they could hurt my sister.