Chapter 57

Dylan POV

I was pacing around the waiting room.

I was nervous as fuck.

Liam said that he would come and get us soon, but there was no sign of him. Where the fuck was he?!

"Calm down, Dylan." Carter sighed. "He is going to come get us soon."

I shot him a glare and continued pacing around.

"My baby got shot." I mumbled. "I need to see her to make sure that she is okay."

"She is, Dylan." Matt said. "She woke up. She is okay."

I ran my fingers through my hair. I needed to see her. I needed to be sure that she was okay.

"Are dad and grandpa on their way back?" Carter asked.

I shrugged.

Dad and grandpa went home to get something to eat and change. Grandpa didn’t want to go, but our dad forced him. He needed to eat and take a shower.

"They haven’t texted yet, but they should be here soon." Matt answered.

I finally heard footsteps approaching us. I turned abruptly.

Liam was walking toward us, and my heart raced.

"Can we see her?!" I asked as I rushed toward him.

He nodded and looked behind me.

"Come on, guys." he said to my brothers.

My heart skipped a beat. I practically ran toward her room.

I needed to see her. I needed to see my little Shortcake. I needed to see her smile. I needed to hear her voice.

"Slow down, Dylan." Liam said, making me turn around and glare at him.

"That’s not going to happen." Carter mumbled.

He was right. I was going to get to her as soon as I fucking could.

We finally approached her room, and I had to hold back a sob. I grabbed the doorknob and opened the door.

My little Shortcake was lying in bed, talking to Theo and Noah. She looked up as soon as I entered the room.

"Oh, my baby." I mumbled as I rushed toward her bed.

"Be careful!" Ezra exclaimed as I pulled her into my arms.

I knew I had to be careful. I knew that she had a fucking gunshot wound in her shoulder.

"It’s okay, Ezra." Lucy said softly.

"Oh, my Shortcake." I mumbled as I kissed her temple. "I was so scared. I was so fucking scared."

Lucy wrapped her uninjured arm around me.

"I am so sorry." she mumbled.

I let her go and cupped her cheeks.

"You have nothing to be sorry about." I said. "This wasn’t your fault, Shortcake."

She gave me a small smile, and I kissed her cheek.

She was okay. My baby was okay.

"Come on, move." Carter said, tugging on the back of my hoodie. "Let us hug our sister."

I let her go and took a step back.

"Oh, shortie." Carter mumbled as he pulled Lucy into a tight hug. "I love you so much. Don’t you ever do this to us again."