Chapter 50

Lucy POV

This wasn’t happening.

I was dreaming. This was a nightmare. Someone would wake me up soon. One of my brothers would wake me up soon.

I wasn’t looking at Sienna, who was pointing a gun at my brother. It was impossible. It wasn’t happening.

“What the fuck did you say?!” Ezra screamed, taking a step closer to her.

She tightened her finger around the trigger.

My heart stopped.

Not Liam! Please no!

“Easy, Ezra.” Sienna said. “I’m sure that you wouldn’t want me to shoot your brother.”

My stomach turned. I was going to throw up.

Theo and Noah were like two statues. I couldn’t even feel them breathing. Both of them had their arms wrapped around me. Both of them wouldn't let me go to her.
I wanted to go to her. I would do anything to keep Liam safe. I would do anything to keep my brothers safe.

“Are you seriously working for Jack and Brian?!” Ezra shouted. “Are you fucking serious?!”

He was enraged. He looked like he was going to explode any second now.

Sienna sighed.

“I don’t really have time to explain, Ezra.” Sienna said. “Lucy and I need to go.”

“You aren’t fucking taking her anywhere!” Liam shouted.

Sienna laughed.

“That’s brave coming from a man who has a gun pointed at his chest.” Sienna said.

I wanted to scream and cry. I wanted to sob.

I couldn't do any of that. I was completely frozen.

“Shoot me, bitch.” Liam said, gritting his teeth. “I will take a bullet for her any day.”

NO!

“No!” I forced myself to scream. “Liam, no!”

I tried to get away from Theo and Noah. It was useless. I couldn't move an inch.

Liam stood still. He never looked away from Sienna.

Sienna looked at me and laughed.

“It looks like someone doesn’t want you to get shot.” Sienna said, smirking at me.

“I don’t care.” Liam said coldly. “She is my child. I am not letting you take her, and I am not letting you hurt her.”

My heart was breaking into a million tiny pieces.

“If you want to take her, you will have to go through me.” Liam continued. “You will have to shoot me, Sienna. And if you do pull that trigger, make sure that you kill me.”

NO!

“Because if you miss, and I remain alive, I will rip your fucking head off!” Liam finished, clenching his fists.

Sienna smirked.

“Do you really think that I won’t do it?” Sienna asked. “Who do you think told Rick to take that little girl? Who do you think told him to have fun with her?”

What?

I felt Theo’s muscles clench.

“I should have known it was you.” Ezra said, his voice filled with disgust. “I should have known that you were helping that little fucker!”

Sienna looked at Ezra and smirked.

“Don’t talk about my little brother like that.” she said, making me freeze.

Little brother?!

“He is your brother?!” Ezra asked, surprised.

Sienna sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Well, aren’t you a nosy little family.” she said, shaking her head. “Yes, Rick is my brother. My boyfriend Larson’s right-hand man. He needed someone to take Lucy, so I suggested my brother.”

“Your boyfriend?” Liam asked coldly.

Sienna smiled. “My real one, yes.”

My heart broke for Ezra. I just wanted to hold him and tell him how much I loved him. I wanted to tell him that he deserved someone so much better than this woman right here.

“And you thought that you could help him by coming into our lives and pushing Lucy away from us.” Ezra mumbled.

Sienna looked at him and nodded.

“I wanted to help.” she said, looking from Ezra to me. “If the little bitch didn’t speak up, we would have gotten the job done.”

Theo pushed me more behind him so she couldn’t see me.

“Don’t talk to her like that.” Liam said angrily.

She was right.

If I just kept my mouth shut, none of this would happen. If I kept my mouth shut, I would be at school that day, and Riley wouldn't get taken. If I kept my mouth shut, Sienna wouldn’t be holding my brother at gunpoint. If I kept my mouth shut, my friends and family wouldn’t get hurt.

It was my fault.

Everything was my fault.

My vision blurred. I couldn’t breathe.

“Come on, Lucy.” Sienna sighed. “We have to go.”

Were Jack and Brian really waiting for me somewhere? Did they escape?

Well, I guess it didn’t matter. I deserved everything that would happen to me. I put Riley in danger. I put my family in danger. I deserved everything Jack and Brian would do to me.

I felt another pair of arms wrap around me.

Mike.

He dug his fingers into my skin, holding me as tightly as he could.

“She is not going anywhere with you.” Liam said, taking a step closer to Sienna.

I saw her finger tighten a little bit more around the trigger.

I could feel my heartbeat in my throat.

“Don’t underestimate me, Liam.” Sienna said coldly. “I will shoot you.”

“And I already told you that I didn’t care.” Liam said, clenching his fists. “I hope that your aim is good, Sienna.”

She narrowed her eyes at him.

“Are you hesitant?” Liam asked. “You don’t want to shoot and kill me?”

She kept staring at him.

“Your boyfriend didn’t give you those orders, didn’t he?” Liam asked mockingly. “He told you not to kill anyone because it would be too hard for his stupid little gang to clean up the mess?”

My heart was going to leave my body.

Sienna still didn’t speak. She didn’t move a muscle.

“Cat got your tongue, Sienna?” Liam asked.

“You are mocking me?” Sienna asked. “Are you sure that you should be doing that? I’m the one holding the gun.”

“Are you afraid to use it, Sienna?” Liam asked her.

She narrowed her eyes again.

She moved her hand a little.

She pulled the trigger.

Theo and Mike pulled me down. Noah threw himself at me.

Liam and Ezra ducked down.

The bullet buzzed next to Liam’s head and hit the wall behind us.

The room was still and silent.

My eyes caught Sienna’s.

She smirked at me.

She pointed the gun back at Liam.

She was going to shoot him.

No!

No, no, no, no!

I felt that the arms around me weren’t as tight anymore.

I broke free and ran toward Liam.

Sienna winked at me.

I wouldn’t make it!

“No!” I screamed as I threw myself in front of my brother.

I heard another gunshot.