Chapter One: The Wreckage

"Holy crap!" I cursed, followed by strings of other obscenities as I witnessed the scene that bestowed upon my vision. My eyes widened, and I recognized the car that I had recklessly rammed into - a black chevrolet. The familiarity of the dark-colored car sparked something amidst my memories.. It looked like the same one I had seen this morning, whilst getting into my vehicle. I clenched my steering wheel, and rubbed at my temples with a loud groan. "What the fuck? First, your spoiled bitch of a dad fires my entire family, and now you totaled my fucking car?"

A loud voice, seething with anger, roared into my ear. The dominance and authority in his tone made me feel as if I had just been pulled over by a cop! I whimpered, and bit my bottom lip. I rolled down my windows, while still looking at my lap, "I'm.. sorry." I managed to squeak out. When I tell you his face was fuming, I'm not kidding - at that moment, I swore I could've seen smoke coming out from his ears.

I knew him because I saw him in the hallways, or on the field during physical education, but I had never come across the thought that he might have been my neighbor! I only moved here a few days back. I'm guessing he goes to school later than me, which is why I don't see him when I get into my car for school in the morning. I didn't know much about him, and I still don't, I knew nothing other than the fact that he was Blake Brooks, the king of Redsen High.

My face grew hot out of embarrassment and I finally looked up. Wait, what did he mean about my family firing his? And what does my family's business have to do with me? Realizing that his unjustified anger towards me arose from the fact that my parents supposedly fired his, my face, which was once flushed with guiltiness, was now replaced with a furious look.

"Look, I don't know who you are. Or.. or what you have going on with my family.. but leave me out of it. I'm sorry.. about your car.. but that's the only thing you should be mad at me about. Leave me out of everything else. Too many people already hate my family for no reason.. At least don't hate me." I said the last part quietly, muttering it out of sheer embarrassment. Although I tried to come off as stern, and authoritative, my tone still remained almost quiet, and quite seemingly, dumb.

I could tell Blake's mind had not changed, even after my entire disquisition. I figured that I trailed off, and began talking about my family rather than the fact that I wrecked his car. I tend to do that sometimes.. At the wrong times.. He  muttered something insulting under his breath that I didn't manage to catch, and he reached into my car window.

His strong fingers harshly yanked at my jaw, and he forcefully turned my head to face him. If I wasn't on bad terms with him at that moment, I would have thought that he was pretty attractive (which I don't really want to admit), and he didn't even look that bad, if not for the remembrance that he was gripping my jaw..! For such a handsome guy, he sure does have a nasty temper. I don't understand why he's so upset, should I offer to pay for the damages?

My trail of thoughts were discontinued by the sound of his loud voice and his tightening grip, "Remember this - don't fuck up my life more than you already have, pretty boy. You're gonna regret it." His eyes pierced into mine, and I swore I could see every hint of gray in his blue orbs right at that second. My face felt heated, and I knew that it was most likely dusted in a shade of dark pink.

Even while knowing that he felt nothing towards me other than hatred, that was the first time I really acknowledged the small things about Blake Brooks, something I never thought about before. His hand was still gripping hardly onto my jaw, but somehow it felt gentle to me. Perhaps after a while, I romanticized his gesture, and made it out to be something it wasn't. His hand was soft, and felt moisturized, and even when mad, he looked insanely attractive.

He had a sharp jawline, and eyes that reached further than the pacific ocean. Blake had sandy blonde hair, almost brunette, that wasn't styled nor unkempt. Everything about him was original, and it seemed like I had never met or seen someone like him. His lips were a shade of dusty pink, a shade seemingly darker than mine by a bit, and his nose was straight, and Greek.

His face was like a drug I couldn't get enough of.

I was in awe over his mesmerizing looks, hypnotized almost. My lips were parted, and my eyes were relaxed, as I stared in continuous admiration over his features. No, just because he looks good doesn't mean he's a good person. Snap out of it! I drowned out the bustling cliques entering the parking lot and had lost my awareness of my surroundings entirely.

"Blake, get your fuckin' gay ass over here!" Yelled a brunette, which seemed to be his best friend, Cody Andrews, "I ain't no homo! Shut up before I turn you into one by shoving my foot up your ass." Blake yelled back, from across the parking lot.

Blake looked back at me for a moment, and opened his mouth to talk, "If you ever pull some shit like this again, you're gonna get it - and it won't just be a warning next time.. It'd be physical." He said the last part with a devilish grimace, and fear rose all across my body.

At that point, my face was probably flushed of all the blood I had left in it, and I sat, unable to move, in the driver's seat of my Tesla. I rolled up my windows, and turned the power off for my car. I stared at my steering wheel, pondering my fate at this school, and how I'd be inevitability tormented continuously by Blake and his group of jockeys.

The morning bell rang throughout the campus, and I finally decided to reluctantly emerge from my car for my third day at this hellhole. I hoisted my black Jansport over my right shoulder and  promenaded to the school's open doors.

The first person I saw once I entered the doors was none other than Keagan Lane, Blake's current girlfriend. It was rumored that they had an on and off again relationship. Although this was my first semester at Redsen, they were talked about from time to time at my old school, which was in our neighboring town.

I never understood why you had to be indecisive about whether or not you were in a relationship - either you are, or you aren't. I know that if I was with someone, I'd have to be sure I loved them, I would have to be precautious whether or not I would want to devote my adoration solely to them, and them only.

I stared at her in disbelief, clutching at another guy's shirt, laughing hysterically. Blake was too good for her. Wait, but even so, Blake was the type of person that deserved nobody! I mean, he was a complete jerk to me, so odds are, he's probably one to girls too.. They just haven't seen that side of him yet.

I rolled my eyes, and made my way to the first period, cutting off all thoughts of Blake Brooks. I had history, thankfully without him, or any of his outrageously annoying jockey friends. I was lonely in that period (well, most periods anyway, not just history), but it was better than being in that class with Blake. History was my favorite, and I'm so grateful to be able to learn it without any disruptions. I'd classify Blake as a distraction.. I had English, Physical Education, and Science with him, and that was already a handful to handle.

I sighed, and walked up the flight of stairs to my first period. I wouldn't know what to expect after that.. after all, Blake was in my second period, English.