Chapter Thirty-Nine: Let Them Hear [Mature]

"Fuck, I think my parents are home from their business trip early." Blake's face was evident with aggravation upon the sight of a black Range Rover that was parked in the driveway. He stared wide-eyed at the car, eyebrows knitted, and with a face full of confusion. "Do you still wanna sleep at my place?" He asked, ripping his attention from the car to me, "Um, yeah. I don't mind. It's not like we're gonna do anything anyways.." I said.

He got out of the car once we were parked in his garage, and went over to the passenger side to open the door for me. A smile crept onto my face, and it widened once I felt his hand intertwining with mine. Blake looked down so that his lips were almost brushing against my ear, "You sure about that?" What's that supposed to mean? It could mean a variety of things, and I opened my mouth to say something in response, but nothing came out.

I left it at that, and just followed him to his front porch. It took a few seconds for him to open the door, but when he did, the sounds of incomprehensible chatters filled my ears. There were people everywhere, scattered from left to right, some dressed like caterers while others looked like guests. "The fuck?" Blake questioned, looking at the view in front of him stunned. I guess he hadn't expected a party to be taking place either.

It wasn't like a rager or anything – in fact, it seemed like a sophisticated soiree. "Fuck, Theo.. I'm sorry, I didn't know my parents were hosting a party." He continued to look throughout the house, stunned at the amount of people that were present in his home, and to be fair, I would be just as equally shocked if I was in his place. From the corner of my eye, a woman wearing a dark purple dress rushed up to Blake. She wrapped her arms tightly around him, and that's when I noticed the familiar shade of blonde hair that sat atop her head.

She was his mom. My suspicions were confirmed once Blake said, "Mom, what the hell is going on? You never told me that you were coming back home early – and you also never told me that you were hosting some kind of party at our house." Blake's face was scrunched up in confusion, and obvious discomfort. "Well, I wanted it to be a surprise! Blake, your father and I are so proud of you!" Proud? Proud of him for doing what?

Blake's face looked just as surprised as I was, and he replied to his mom's comment with, "What are you going on about?" His mom grabbed his wrist, and led him to the dining room, to which Blake went without protest. I followed behind, seeing as Blake and I were still holding hands. Immediately, I saw an array of blue and gold decorations that were displayed in every corner of the room. In the middle of the room, a banner spelled out 'BERKELEY' in big blue and gold letters.

My mouth subconsciously opened upon seeing the banner, and I was struck with a realization – Blake had been accepted into Berkeley. Oh my gosh, BLAKE HAD BEEN ACCEPTED INTO BERKELEY! I quickly shot a glance over at Blake, and saw that his mouth was getting increasingly wider, and his eyes were wide-open as well. A hand slapped Blake's back, and a deep voice chuckled before saying, "I'm proud of you, son. You're going to Berkeley, just like your old man." Blake stood still, unmoving.

"Blake! Oh my god! You got in! You never told me you applied there!" I said, looking up at Blake. Something on the dinner table seemed to have caught his eye – it was his acceptance letter. "No fucking way – I thought they were joking. Holy shit." Blake too seemed to come to the realization that he had just gotten an acceptance letter to one of the most prestigious colleges in California. "Holy fuck, Theo. Theo, look. Oh my fucking – I got in! I GOT IN!" Suddenly, out of nowhere, a group of mildly intimidating muscular jocks all wearing their varsity jackets came out of an opening, and they all rushed to Blake.

"Our captain's going to Berkeley!" I recognized that voice to be Cody's, and it seemed like he was still with Blake throughout all of their ups and downs, and I found that incredibly sweet (considering the emotional turmoil that Cody put everyone through). Blake seemed caught up with everyone and everything surrounding him, and besides from that, I was getting pushed further and further away from Blake with each new person who came near him to congratulate him.