Chapter Twenty-One: Found It

Blake's Perspective

"I'm so fucking close, Cody. I'll find a way to ask him if I could sleep over tonight. Last night was a big success, he loved what I had planned. Now, only if I could somehow find a way to make him let me stay the night.." It was the day after our little outing to the park, and I felt incredibly over-joyed by the fact that I was gettin' closer to the kid – if I could convince him to let me sleep over, it would be no problem for me to sneak into his dad's office.

Cody slapped me on the back, and wished me good luck, before he walked to the opposite end of the hallway to get to his next class. For me, I had geometry, which wasn't my forte, but hey, at least now I have Theo to depend on for the answers. As I sat in my seat near the back, I zoned out and began thinking about what I was going to do tonight.

There were some key things that I would be looking for in there – fraud, taxes, plans for the city, or basically anything I could use to get the Wrights out of my family's fucking town. I'd have to admit, I feel a bit bad. Do I hate the kid? No. Do I hate his family? Yes. Extremely.

In class, all I could envision was the look on the Wright family's faces as they got swarmed by news reporters, and their faces plastered on my television with a miscellaneous headline. I didn't even notice it, but I had a small smirk forming on my face at the thought of it. But then, images of Theo flashed through my head. Him smiling, him laughing, his voice ringing in my ears.

Fuck. I'm not going to back out now, I was already too far in. For god's sake, I ruined my reputation with the football team for him – well, not really. I was still their praised and admired captain, but whatever. "Is there something interesting about the wall, Mr. Brooks?" My attention snapped back to the middle-aged man at the front of the classroom.

"Yeah. I was picturing how a poster of me fucking your wife would look like on it." The class erupted  into a fit of giggles and gasps. It's not like me saying shit has ever gotten me suspended before – maybe detention, but that was about it. After all, I was the captain of the football team.

"Detention! I want you reorganizing my bookshelves and scraping gum off from the bottom of the desks from three to five!" His face turned into a shade of red, as his fat fingers balled up into fists in anger. Did he really think that would stop me from skipping?

"Sure, sure, whatever," I let out begrudgingly, "Not like I'm gonna actually be there anyways." The last part was a mutter, considering that I was already in deep waters with this specific troglodyte of a teacher anyway. After a few antagonizing minutes of geometry, the bell finally rang, signaling the end of the period.

Luckily, the first person I was met with as soon as I stepped out was Theo, "Hey cutie. On your way to lunch?" My arm was slung across his shoulders, and he looked up at me with a smile, "Yeah. I was kinda' hoping you'd join me, too. Not like you have to or anything.. " A small chuckle escaped my lips at his nervousness, "You didn't even have to ask."

I slid myself onto the opposite bench from Theo and poked at my school lunch spaghetti. I glanced up at Theo and grinned. "You doing anything after school? It's a Friday after all.." He chuckled a moment. "Nothing much, same as always." He shrugged. Perfect! "Oh, in that case, how about I come over? If you're okay with that of course." I flashed a convincing and charming smile, drumming my fingers on the table in anticipation. "Yeah, that sounds good! What should we do that you had in mind?"

"We could go to the movies or something if you're down. Tickets for the movies will be on me, all you have to do to repay me is to be my plus one, cutie." I winked and in return saw a light blush spread on his face. "That sounds fun too.." Theo smiled and stabbed his fork into his salad.