Chapter Eighteen: The Kiss

I wanted to preface yet another chapter of My One Regret by thanking one of my readers who's always the first to vote for my new chapters! Thank you @ZarkiaBlair for voting, it means a lot to me. With that, enjoy this chapter!

After the ride had ended, I felt a stream of adrenaline rush throughout me. That was the first time in a while that I had felt something as exciting as being on a rollercoaster, and I would've never thought of trying it if it weren't for Blake's small push.

"See? That wasn't so bad now, was it?" He gave me a slight grin. After the rollercoaster, Blake and I decided to walk around the pier, seeing what activities and foods it had to offer. This new, adventurous side of Blake was something that I was growing to love. He no longer hated me as much as he did before, and thank god he didn't, because it was allowing me to like him more and more each day.

"Do you wanna catch up with Eric?" I asked, looking in his direction. "If he hasn't called you yet, then what's the rush?" Blake was right - I mean, what if Eric had met a cute guy? I certainly wouldn't want to disturb him in the middle of that.

Eventually, we found a nice spot to sit. It was a white rustic picnic table, with views overlooking the ocean. The hot summer air had been replaced by a nice, cool afternoon breeze. I had no idea what to talk to him about - the silence was already occupying most of our conversation. We didn't speak, but our surroundings sure did.

The sounds of the waves crashing against the shore, and people screaming their lungs out on the rollercoaster only added to the picturesqueness of our trip. "Is there anything else you want to do?" I asked.

I tore my eyes away from the beach, and looked back at him, only to be met with his piercing blue eyes already staring at mine. The sun managed to catch his eyes perfectly, making them a facsimile of the blue ocean water below us. "Theo." Blake said, in a serious tone. His hand slithered across the table, making its way to mine.

"I've been meaning to tell you something." I peeked my head up in curiosity - what did he want to tell me? His face showed me that he wasn't kidding, and that he had something important to say. "I broke up with Keagan." The words that came out of his mouth caused me to slightly open my mouth in shock. Did he really? Why? Was it because of me- Shut up, come on, don't be dumb.

It's probably because he wanted to date Rachel, the co-captain of the cheer team. His next words snapped me out of my train of thought, "Do you wanna know why?" He asked, his hand still resting on top of mine. I pursed my lips together before replying, "Sure.." He took a deep breath in, looking almost nervous, which was out of character for someone as cocky as him.

"It's because of you."

Because of- hold up, because of me? What could I possibly do to make him break up with someone like Keagan? I would be lying if I said his words didn't stun me, "But why..? I thought you liked her?" I tiled my head to the side in confusion. That's when I heard the most unexpected thing come out of his mouth, something I'd only heard before in my wet dreams.

"But not as much as I like you."

No words left my mouth. Out of all the times Blake has managed to make me speechless, this was one of the times when I truly couldn't muster up a response for the life of me. I croaked out a quiet reply, "..Why?" I questioned. What did I possibly have to offer to someone like him? I wasn't a girl, and I didn't think I was his type.

He couldn't like me - there was no way. I felt my face flushing into a shade of deep red, but my gaze was still somehow attached to him. "You're different. You make me feel things no one else has. You're beautiful, smart, and.. Hopefully mine." He smiled, his eyes looking at every one of my features until his gaze reached my lips.