Chapter Twenty-Four: Anything For You [Mature]

"Blake.." I chuckled, stepping closer to him. "What're you doing here?" Blake smiled and he slowly stepped closer to me. "Theo.." he began softly, "the Winter Ball is coming up, and as a senior, I'd feel more than honored, beyond happy, to attend it with you." He kneeled down in front of me and extended the bouquet towards me. "Will you, Theo Wright, go to the ball with me, Blake Brooks?"

My hand was hovering over my mouth and my grin just kept growing wider. Without a second thought, I responded. "Yes! I will!" I threw my arms around his neck and gave him a hug. Blake chuckled and returned the gesture. I pulled away for a moment before leaning in for a kiss. It was the first time I'd ever initiated a kiss first – with anyone! But nonetheless, the kiss at the pier was my first kiss ever.

His lips were soft, and he tugged at mine with minimal aggression. The smell of his cologne mixed with the aroma of the candles around us floated through my nose. Blake wrapped his arms around my waist, and grabbed for mine to wrap around his neck.

I felt myself lean into the kiss and the passion I received from him at the same time made me want to extend our kiss for longer. Holding each other with our eyes closed made a few seconds feel like a long embrace. Once we pulled away, all we could do was smile and stare at each other, saying more with our actions than words.

He actually asked me out! And I couldn't ask for a better way of doing it. I could tell that everything around us was all his hard work put in one place. Blake broke the silence by rubbing the back of his neck. "I hope you like it.. It was kinda rushed. Chris helped me by the way." I grinned, "Of course I love it! Thank you." I gave him a peck on the cheek. I glanced down at the pretty bouquet that was tied together with a flowy blue ribbon and picked it up to smell it. I looked around at the dimly lit candles and saw rose petals scattered around us.

"What do you think about me spending the night? Just you and me at your house?" Blake smiled warmly. "I'd love that too." I responded and stood up. "I'm going to find a vase for these, they're lovely. If you need to get your stuff from your house you can go now if you want." Blake dragged his duffel bag out from behind him and patted it. "I came prepared." He wore a childish grin on his face and I laughed. "Looks like you are. I'll be right back"

Blake agreed and stood up to take a shower and change in my bathroom. I went downstairs, put the flowers into a watered vase, and returned upstairs, flopping onto my bed. I smiled giddily into my pillow like a girl, feeling over-filled with happiness at the fact that out of anyone, he had asked ME to the Winter Ball.

I still couldn't believe it! My face felt warm and I was smiling way too much. Was it safe to say... I was in love? It was hard to believe that someone like Blake would ever ask me to be his date, kiss me, or talk to me at all! I know that people say that things like this are too good to be true, but it was too good because it was true. I changed positions and leaned on my headboard, clutching my pillow and squeezing it with my knees almost to my chest.

Blake made me feel things that I've never experienced with anyone else before. We've done things that I've never done with anyone else before. Nothing too extreme. Not yet at least.

Blake came back in with his suit slung over his shoulder and wearing a different pair of clothes with his messy wet hair. He ran his fingers through his hair, making each strand even more out of place. He smirked at me as he knew he caught my attention. "Mind if I leave this here?" Blake raised his suit jacker and motioned towards my chair. "Not at all.." I breathed. He was pretty breathtaking.

My eyes followed his muscular figure as he went over towards my chair, and slung his suit jacket on top of it. No words were exchanged, and it seemed as if the air was suddenly filled with a tension that I'd never felt between us before. His walk towards me was slow, and cautious, like he didn't want to scare me away. "Blake.. What are you–"