Chapter Six: Dear Diary

Blake and I exited the cafeteria and returned back to Eric's room, whilst finishing the last bits of my chocolate bar. Upon our return I noticed that the sun was setting outside of the window. Though I knew it was getting late, I stayed to chat with Eric a while longer.

"It was nice to see you again Eric," I said, standing up from my seat, "but I think I should get back home." I hugged my best friend, and then tried to discreetly look over to Blake. He was sound asleep on the armchair in the corner of the room. I sighed and went over to shake him awake. He jolted at the sudden movement and his eyelids flung open.

"Never do that again, Wright." He said, looking disgusted at the fact that I had purposely touched him. He rubbed my "gay germs' (as he would call it) off his shoulder and scoffed. We left the hospital, and I felt a buzzing from my pocket.

"Hey, mom." I greeted her, while looking both ways before crossing the parking lot. "Hi Theo, did you ever make it to the hospital?" Mom asked. "If you did, who took you?"

"Yeah I did, I'm heading back home right now actually," I replied, "and I got a ride from Blake Brooks who lives next door." My mom fell silent for a moment before slowly forming her answer. "Ohh.. okay.. that's nice of him.. why don't you have him over for dinner? I'm just about done baking my casserole." She suggested. I buckled my seatbelt and thought to myself for a moment. I can't say no to my own mom..

I reluctantly agreed to eat supper with Blake and ended the call. I turned to Blake, who was focused on the road, and cleared my throat. "My mom was wondering if you'd want to come to my house for dinner," I began, "you don't have to though." I added, not wanting to upset him. I saw him raise his eyebrows slightly.

"Why not?" Blake shrugged. "Unless you don't want me to.." He fought a smile after those words slipped from his lips. I didn't want to answer with something that could send teasing my way, but if I said nothing at all, maybe he'd think I was trying to deny wanting him to come.

"No," I replied through gritted teeth, "my mom asked, not me. Don't make me tell her you don't want to go." I shook my head and my right arm to prop up my head on the windowsill. "Maybe you want me to come to your house to brag to your mom about the hottie that took you home. I bet she's a cougar." I audibly gasped at his inappropriate remark.

He laughed at my reaction, and looked over to me, "I have a dad you know! That my mom is married to. Either way, she wouldn't want you, you're not her type." I said in defense. "That's not what she said last night." He jeered. I knitted my eyebrows together in confusion, what did he mean by that? "Aw, innocent, pure, Theo didn't get the joke. How cute." He ridiculed.

I rolled my eyes, sometimes his jokes made no sense to me. I wish all his jokes didn't make sense to me - then I wouldn't have to hear them. Especially the ones about my mom - yuck!

For the remainder of the ride, the radio was the only thing making a sound. After driving through multiple highways, we finally reached our neighborhood. "How does it feel living in a facsimile of the White House, Wright?" He scoffed, looking disgusted at the size of my mansion. I mean, it's not like I bought the house - my parents did!

His comment reminded me of one of the reasons why he hated me. My family, the Wrights, were drowned in our riches, and it almost seemed as if we controlled the small little town of Redcliff. I had more privileges than Blake did because of my prosperity, and Blake hated me for it.

I rubbed the back of my neck, and then got out of the car without a word. Blake followed, and we walked through the never-ending driveway to my house. It was a nice colonial mansion, with white pillars, and a wrap-around porch. I looked over to him whilst putting in the code for the door. His head was turned to face the other direction, but I could tell that he was scanning the exterior of my house, and my front-yard.