Chapter Thirty-Four: Scrapbook

He ran his fingers through my hair with a plea for more passionate touches and kisses from me. My hand traveled down his body, just reaching Theo's upper thigh, when the front door swung open, and in came Garrett and his girlfriend, Hailey. Theo and I separated at once and silently watched the straight couple stumble and get touchy on my gray sofa next to us.

They both started making out and barely noticed that Theo and I were even there. Gross! I didn't want to see things escalate any further in front of me, so I loudly cleared my throat to get their attention. The muffled moans coming from Hailey slowly lessened as she pulled away, out of breath, and turned to us.

"Oh.. Hey.. Didn't see you guys there." She chuckled, propping herself up with her elbows. "Clearly." I rolled my eyes and sighed, "Take it to the bedroom next time, I'm not here to watch the making of a porno starring Hailey Schafer and Garrett Brooks, who is my brother." Garrett ignored my comment and smiled at Theo.

"Long time no see, Wright!" Theo nodded at my brother in return. Why were they acting like it was a family reunion? Sure, it was nice of Garrett to acknowledge that Theo was back, but I just wanted Theo to myself without him trying to use his nonexistent charm for once.

"Hold on, why are you both home so early? School just started a half hour ago." Garrett raised an eyebrow in suspicion and looked between Theo and I, before diverting his attention back to Hailey. "Whatever. It doesn't matter. See you two later." Garrett led his girlfriend by her hand down the hallway to his room, letting me off the hook. I could hear her giggles and his sweet-talk until they were out of my view, which was disgustingly sweet to say the least.

I got up and walked to the kitchen for a drink. "Sorry about that," I said grimly, popping open a can of Coke. "No worries," he replied with a smile. Seeing that smile of his was enough to make me warm in the face. "Wanna go hang out today? There's no point in you going back to school and I'm doing nothing at home." I suggested and swung my keys around my finger.

"Yeah, why not?" Theo sprinted out the door and I followed right behind him. An idea popped into my head for where we should go, and I spent no time waiting to get us there. "Hm, usually you don't immediately start driving because we don't know where to go," Theo looked at me curiously, "What did you have in mind?" I opened my mouth to speak, but stopped and grinned. "It's a surprise. Close your eyes until I say that we're there."

I drove us into town with Theo giggling next to me, closing and covering his eyes like a little kid. I was excited to show him where I was taking him and hoped that it meant a lot to him. I parked in front of the surprise and kissed him on the forehead. Theo giggled. "Is this how you're going to tell me that we're here?" I chuckled and shook my head. "No.. But I could if you want me to." "That doesn't sound bad.." he replied. I can't even begin to tell you how much I wanted to make out with him right then and there, but the surprise comes first.

I helped Theo out of the car and made sure he was right in front of the store before letting him open his eyes. He blinked a few times before gasping. "The record store? Blake, oh my gosh I haven't been here in so long! No wonder the drive was longer than usual!" He ran into my arms and I hugged him back, breathing in the scent of his hair and holding him tightly. I wanted all of our hugs to feel like this.

"Let's go in, yeah?" I asked, pulling away from Theo and looking down at his face. I swept a strand of hair away from his eyes and smiled at how the sun hit his face. We walked into the record store together and entered the maze of shelves all around us. "I'll get you whatever you want," I offered. "No way.. Are you sure?" Theo asked unbelievably. I nodded and smiled. "Of course, you deserve it." I wasn't looking for anything specific, so I followed Theo around to see what he wanted. He picked up something with a familiar name. The cover was black and white.