Chapter 1 - Learning Magic

A knock at the door rang through the room, "Tommy" a voice called, he repeated it over and over again like a little kid that wanted something. Finally, Tommy stirred, turning over in his bed, "five more minutes" he responded.

"Tom, you're gonna be late" a third voice came, which made Tommy shoot up, whip around to look at his alarm, and scream out "Holy shit!".He struggled to get out of the covers and when he stood his vision became blurry due to the rush.

He grabbed his hoodie out of the closet and slipped it on, he had fallen asleep in jeans last night, and he was slightly glad. He couldn't go to work in his sleep attire.

He grabbed his breakfast and scarfed it down, "woah Toms, slow down" Ranboo laughed. "I'm gonna be late!" Tommy screamed, "Tommy, you have today off" Tubbo smirked. "What?" he asked, Tubbo laughed in response, "remember you asked for a couple days off, you did this yesterday too" he smiled.

"I did?" Tommy said, confusion lacing his tone. Tubbo nodded, "oh", "seriously, i wake you up like that every morning, but you've never acted like this before, is something wrong?", something was wrong. Ever since the night of the fight Mage had with Anaglyph and Warden two years ago, they met up with each other multiple times.

Tommy got more answers from Mage than he did the book, but it only led to more questions. Eventually, the villain felt comfortable walking around with his mask off in front of Tommy.

Then he remembered the book, Mage had told him it's nice to start off with small spells. And test his brain power.

"I uhm, i'm not hungry anymore, i'm gonna go out" Tommy smiled, realizing he did have plans for the day and that if he didn't leave now he'd be late. Running into his room, he grabbed the book off the table and slipped it into his bag. He then ran out the door as fast as he could. Pulling out his phone to dial a number in his contacts.

It rang twice before someone picked it up, hey Tommy! a voice rang through his ear. "Hey i'm on my way" he responded, oh great see you soon, came in response. The man on the other side hung up.

The person he was going to meet was Mage, or now he knew the ex villain as Zespri. He owned a bar in the city and took Tommy to the back room to train his focus and control. After giving the book to Tommy, Mage retired from being a villain. He could still use the book's magic but decided to train Tommy. He had no clue what he wanted to be.

A hero or a villain. Heroes do things to help people with their powers fighting villains and such. But the more replays of fights with villains he watches the more he realizes heroes do most of the damage. It honestly seemed like heroes do more harm than good.

He found that reporters glossed over the fact that most villains cleaned up the civilians from the scene. And if they didn't, heroes were the ones who took the casualties, but everyone still pinned it on the villains.

He reached the bar, it was actually close by to his apartment which was nice as it wasn't a far walk. Pushing the door open he stared forward at the man standing at the bar. Shaking and serving drinks to the customers with great effort.

When he spotted Tommy he smiled, "happy birthday Tommy" Zespri said, a golden aura surrounded him. The blonde lit up, sitting down on one of the bar stools. "Yep, i'm now 18!. But, my roommates forgot i think, they've been busy this past week".

Zespri slid a drink in front of Tommy. He took it thinking it was the usual coffee, instead of the warm and sweet taste he got a sharp, tangy, yet nice taste. After swallowing it he coughed, "what is this?!?" he gasped, "alcohol, welcome to the world of an adult".

He gestured with his hand for Tommy to follow and led him to the back room. It had been changed notably. A man stood in the middle of the room, he wore a loose tank top and tight pants. He also wore a pair of combat boots.