Chapter 18 - Partners for life

It had been a few days since the attack on the agency, after a while he got bored and they left. Wisp and Sneeg disappeared after Dream and the SBI had fled the scene.

No one was really in the mood to fight so the rest of the time they were in a group was awkward. He put his phone into his pocket and stared up at the glimmering moon.

There was still nothing from Alien and Flashback, he sighed, sitting on a ledge overlooking their favorite spot. "Ah, just like the first time we met a little bit ago," Alien said, making Tommy turn to him.

"Look i-" Tommy started but Flashback shushed him quickly, "no, we're sorry for not checking our emails, we don't use those emails anymore. We got lucky finding it though" the heterochromatic man laughed.

Tommy laughed awkwardly, "look Tommy" Alien started, "right now we're focusing on our career as vigilantes, but we'll be sure to join you at a later date. And hey, maybe we can kick my brother's ass together." The man laughed, making punching motions in the air.

"Is that a promise?" Tommy giggled, Flashback smirked holding a pinky up into the air. "Pinky promise" he stated, Tommy smiled again, "pinky promise" he repeated.

Alien smirked, "we'll be partners for life and show those two what real friends are like!" he proclaimed. Flashback pressed a hand to Tommy's shoulder, "like it or not you're stuck with us now" he said.

"Now let's talk about that awesome fucking debut, i was on the edge of my seat the moment i knew who you were!". Flashback raised his hand in the air and smiled widely, "what did it feel like? Was there adrenaline coursing through your veins? Were you scared?"

Tommy rubbed the back of his neck and laughed awkwardly, "Eryn chill out, you're scaring the poor man" Grayson said, removing his mask. Tommy smiled, slipping his own mask off his face.

Grabbing the back of his hair he pulled the ribbon, it slipped into his hands and his hair fell down to mid chest. He had trimmed his hair a bit but didn't remove alot of the length. Instead, to shorten his hair so it didn't get in the way he had found a way to hide it under the fluffiness.

He tied it back again, twisting his hands a bit to get the pretty ribbon. "Hey! How about we go out to eat, you know to celebrate your cool debut" Grayson laughed. He pushed himself off the wall and let himself fall as he slipped his mask back on.

Alien landed with a tumble on the ground and ran down through the alleyway taunting them with a laugh. Tommy gave Eryn a smirk as he slipped his mask back on jumping down and landed gracefully on the ground.

He was in pursuit of his friend with Flashback calling after them. It didn't take long for Tommy to notice just how fast Alien was, he guessed having animalistic features proved great for one's body.

Alien's mutation must affect his speed and agility, which was confirmed and Alien leaped up and jumped from object to object like Leap. "Leap's not the only one who can jump high" he called, watching Tommy like a hawk from a building roof.

The man wasn't going to move unless Tommy made a move, so he did. Closing his eyes he imagined the place beside Alien, on top of the high roof, past the obstacles.

And he was gone. The air filled in the space around him just moments before Flashback reached him. The adrenaline rushed through him as he appeared back beside Alien. Through his shock and confusion the man smirked as he jumped back, sliding along the concrete ground.

"Maybe we should see what the new villain is made of first" Alien proclaimed, moving to a defensive position "gladly" Tommy responded.

The purple hooded vigilante got annoyed and impatient when Tommy stayed still. He wasn't going to make the first move so Alien did. He lunged forward and almost managed to touch Tommy. But seconds before he could get his hands on him the villain seized his arm and threw him to the ground.