Chapter 24 - Stressed

It had been two sleepless nights since the meeting with the heroes at the agency. The city was being scoured by heroes, villains, and vigilantes who had teamed up with each other.

He took another far jump and just barely landed on the roof, Wilbur laughed from behind him as he flew past him, his white wings glittering in the sun. Thanatos landed beside him, helping to stabilize Tommy with an amused, but friendly smile.

Two days after the meeting, two days after he started calling Phil dad, "calm down Theseus, try to slow down," the pink haired man said, patting him roughly on the shoulder.

He had gone to Las Nevadas to get his license redone as Theseus instead; it had been Techno's idea for Tommy to replace Tome with Theseus to continue the Greek mythos trend for their names.

He had become a part of the SBI, and he'd never felt more comfortable than now. It felt right, where he'd come from. So far the search for Dream had been unsuccessful, but the heroes and villains found some good hints.

Phil froze at the edge of the railing he'd been following, the winds were beginning to pick up, and the sky lit up before letting out a loud roar. "Looks like it's about to storm, we should head back," looking up Tommy could see the sky beginning to darken, the moonlight fading with it.

It was too dark to search for Dream and too dangerous, if the storm got too big it could cause problems. It was probably right to leave it to the heroes that could see in the dark and were more active at night.

If they stayed, Phil might not be able to fly for a bit due to soaked wings holding him down. He was the only of the four that had built in night vision, but even then without his wings he could do nothing more.

Icarus let out a huff of annoyance, crossing his arms and turning towards Zephyrus. "So we came out here for nothing?" he spat, disgruntled, the blonde turned back to look at him and jumped down from the ledge.

"Unfortunately, for now. Once the storm lets up we can keep looking," the older man said. Icarus looked hesitant. But soon after, he nodded, turning and following their father back the way they came.

Tommy looked back at the sky and dread built in his gut, he clutched Warden's trident tightly. Fighting the fear starting to build, what if they were going to change? Would they even realize it?

Even if they found him, what's stopping him from just going back in time? Is he waiting? Was he already there? Only time will tell, maybe if the world does change to Dream's views Chrono would be able to smack some sense into the rebellion.

Or.. would he dispose of him, Tommy shuddered, the ominous cloud sending a shock of foreboding through him. Icarus rested a hand on his shoulder, frowning.

"Let's go Tommy, Phil's right, we're useless right now, but as soon as the rain lightens a bit we can go back out," Tommy knew he was right. With a sigh, he turned and gave Wilbur a tight hug, "thanks Wil".

Wilbur rustled Tommy's hair a bit and began leading the way to the building's fire escape. It only ran up to the floor below them, so the two had to make a short jump to the metal stairs.

They landed with a loud clang, the metal vibrating under their feet. They heard a quiet shriek from beside them and spotted a woman on the floor of her apartment. Her eyes were blown wide with shock and fear.

Icarus snorted as she reached for her phone in a quick attempt to either take a picture, record, or call the police. Really, any were plausible answers, a lot of people had taken shaky pictures and videos of them.

This woman was familiar, she had muted pink hair and bright blue eyes. He stared at her for a moment before she lifted her phone and snapped a photo of Tommy.