Chapter 11 - Get up (my ass attempt at angst)

Time had flown since his meet up with Karl and Callahan, things had been going smoothly. Up until he got a text from an unknown number. It seemed somewhat familiar, but he was tired as hell.

For some reason like the nosy little shit he was, he spent the entire night sifting through all the files Time gave him. They were copies but it felt weird to give him of all people the files and not Connor who seemed a little more responsible.

As he sifted through the files he found out the identities of all the heroes, villains, and vigilantes. It was a huge dump of information on his tired brain, and what he found creeped him out alot.

There was a file for Dream, with his hero name and his given name. Dream/Clay Anderson, age: 23, birthday: Aug 12, 1999. The same last name as Puffy, Tubbo's second oldest brother and the one that hated Tommy's guts. Dream was related to Tubbo by blood.

After that information fed through his mind he felt like throwing up, he didn't dare open Ender's or Halictidae's file which was still labeled Bee. he wanted to keep his friends' identities a secret until they told him themselves.

Eventually he couldn't help it and quickly stood before throwing up whatever he had eaten that night for dinner. He'd hidden the files when Tubbo came to check on him, of course not alone as Ranboo was there.

Of course he was, he was always there, his throat burned with strain not to scream in their faces and tell them to get out. He tried but the words caught in his throat like he was choking on any sound that tried to come out.

Eventually he managed to scream, "Get out!" as he pushed the two out the door, "Tommy?" came from Ranboo as he slammed the door hard on them. He'd spent most of the remaining time crying his eyes out in the bathroom.

Eventually he managed to go to bed, but only for thirty minutes to an hour before waking up sweaty and uncomfortable before crying again. They say the human mind can only take so much before they break down and release all that built up tension.

Then the pattern restarted over again. But that notification, he finally recognized it, he guessed he didn't save Ace's name in his phone. He groaned and pushed the phone to the side. He wasn't up to talk to anyone right now, his mentality just couldn't handle it right now.

But what good are you if you sit there doing nothing? He's a weak, powerless freak that is... what good was he? What was he thinking, just because he got powers some way doesn't mean he deserves them.

If he hadn't agreed to be taken under Mage's wing none of this would have happened. He would have stayed a normal civilian, he wouldn't have gotten involved in the super world.

Dream wouldn't have stalked him, and he could live peacefully only knowing Dream as a hero and Clay as Tubbo's older brother. But... then he wouldn't have met Ender, or Halictidae, or Wilbur, or Ace, he wouldn't have met Flashback, or Alien, or Slime.

He would still be living in that hell hole of an apartment not knowing when he could pay the next bill. He had friends who cared about him. But, why couldn't he get up, he felt exhausted and had no energy to even try.

God he was a failure of a person, a failure of a friend, a failure of a son, a failure to society. It was then that he heard the ringing of his phone from the corner of his bed. He didn't bother picking it up. He just let it ring loudly in his ear.

After the seventh call and the 33rd ring he groaned, rolling onto his stomach and pressing the green button. He was still sniffling, and tears still streaked down his face. A worried hello? Came from the phone, slightly frantic Tome?

"Yeah" he muttered quietly through the phone, his voice was quivering and he hiccuped and hyperventilated every now and again. Tome are you alright?! A new voice yelled in shock it sounded familiar, like he should know them. Then he remembered the soft, happy voice of Slime.