Chapter 21 - Car Chase

Tommy poked at the screen mindlessly as the voice over rattled about a certain feature and asked him to activate it. Icarus was rummaging through the glove box., seemingly looking for something. Though neither actually needed anything from this but the car itself.

They'd been sitting there for about ten minutes and Tommy would periodically check his watch to see the heroes had part of the fire cleared. However, some of it spread to the garden that ex hero Vine had made to add a bit more vibrancy to the agency.

Finally, the voice stopped and the engine revved on its own. Tommy and Icarus jerked up in their seats as the car roared loudly. The headlights turned on signifying night mode. A mode that the car automatically switches to between sunset and sunrise.

Tommy grabbed the wheel and Icarus looked a bit scared. "Hey uh, Tome?" He asked, his voice a bit panicked and shaky as he looked around. Tommy hummed in response and pressed a few buttons making the car roar louder. He attempted to press on the gas but the other grabbed the wheel.

"How old are you? Do you even have a license?" He asked, Tommy snorted. "Who the fuck gives a damn how old i am" he spat. Tommy grabbed the stick shift and played with it a bit, he smirked. The voice over the screen signifies park mode disabled.

Icarus looked around and yelped loudly as Tommy threw him off the wheel and pressed the gas pedal. The car jerked forward, the force pushing the two back into their seats as it flew across the room.

Tommy let out a girlish scream as the car leaped off its pedestal and towards the concrete walls. Icarus covered his face to brace for the impact that was sure to come.

Seconds past and they should have hit the wall but when Tommy opened his eyes, they had very much not. The car had stopped only a couple centimeters from hitting the wall.

It sustained no damage to its hood, none of the windows broke. Neither Icarus or Tommy were hurt in the charge.

However, both were frozen in place, pushed back in their seats from the force. And in shock from the speed at which the car went.

"Well that answers my second question.." Icarus murmured, a hint of fear in his tone. It sounded shaky, and terrified, very contrasted to Icarus' calm yet chaotic demeanor. Not to mention his love to burn things down.

The car was beeping, and the screen turned red, "obstacle in the way, please move".

They were both panting, adrenaline coursing through their veins. "Give me the wheel" Icarus demanded, reaching over the seat. Tommy glared at him before they heard a soft meowing from behind them.

A cat jumped between them, its fur was brown with tabby patterns. Its face was split by a white stripe up the middle of its face. Starting thin in the center above the nose, spreading up and creating an uneven circle in between its eyes.

It purred loudly, licking the white fur on its chest while sitting on the center console. Tommy covered his mouth and nose trying desperately not to sneeze.

Icarus picked the small being up and placed it in his lap, looking at Tommy with a weird glance. "You all right?" He asked, the blonde nodded, keeping his mouth shut.

He held his breath in an attempt to hide his allergy to the fluffy creature. However, this was all in vain due to the need to breathe, Tommy gasped to take in as much air as he could and cursed his coughing and sneezing fit.

Icarus looked shocked and opened his mouth to say something but shut it again, and gazed away. "God I hate cats" Tommy sniffed, wiping his nose with his sleeve, he would have to wash it again. Well, he needed to do laundry anyway.