Chapter 29 - Cracks in the truth

The sky was dark when Boomer finally took them back to the Agency, Dream was pacing back and forth. Snapping something at Ender, they both looked stressed, "Clay!" Tommy called, the hero's head shot up and he smiled.

Ender frowned, turning towards the elevator to leave to a higher level. "Did Ranboo do something?" he asked the hero, Dream let out a hesitant laugh, almost as if it was forced.

"It's nothing you need to worry about," he responded. For some reason, Tommy didn't believe him. God did he hate lies, and here Clay was lying to his face.

He didn't have time to argue when Kristen strode through the door of the agency, her brown hair released from the usual braid. She stopped when she spotted Tommy, "mom!" the blonde exclaimed, capturing the woman in a tight hug.

When he pulled away, Tommy had forgotten about his questions towards Dream. "How are you doing Tommy?" she asked, "wonderful, i was so worried when you weren't here" Kristen nodded. "I'm sorry, I had to attend something very important," she stated, taking her seat back at the front desk.

"What did you have to attend?" he asked, Kristen laughed again. "Met up with a few old friends, wanted to talk about something, i just couldn't pass it up," she admitted.

Tommy smiled, the woman never lied to him, sure she didn't go too into detail when he asked about something, but she never lied to his face. When she didn't want to answer something Tommy never pressed her for answers.

He respected her personal information. Dream was staring at Kristen with an almost angry expression. He turned and stalked off towards the elevator, Tommy sighed, he had no clue why Dream hated Kristen so much.

--------- 3 hours earlier ---------

Kristen made her way through a back alleyway, her long flowing purple dress twisted in the wind that managed to escape into the long halls. Despite her face being covered by a large black veil, she could still see very well.

She placed a hand on the wall and began to search. Karl had to be somewhere, he's the only one that knows what's happening. Nothing felt like it used to, Dream was acting weird and so was 404.

The silver dangles on her sleeves clunked together creating a soft chiming noise, the shadows began to move creating patches of light that formed a path. She followed it hastily, making multiple turns in order to reach her destination.

Heroes weren't aware that Ker existed, she wished to keep it that way, at least for now. She stopped, just on the edge of the badlands, the soil was hard, but it was still good.

The badlands get a bad reputation for being dead with no life, but it was in fact covered in greenery. She stepped into the subtle glow of the moon and continued following the path the shadows had laid.

She eventually came to an old warehouse, it was missing its roof and was overgrown with plants. Kristen jerked towards an old building and sunk back into the shadows, using them to mask herself.

A tall red and black dressed man stepped in her periphery, he walked across her sight before he stopped at the center. Kristen slid deeper into the darkness, making sure she wouldn't get caught.

"Geppy!" Devil whined at his companion, "yes Bad Boy?" the blue villain smirked. "Where's Ant?" Devil asked, gazing around the landscape, "and Mega, it's still not safe for him to go off alone!" he exclaimed.

Diamond sighed, "I think he'll be fine. You're being paranoid, let's go find Ant maybe he's with him," Devil seemed to relax. His tail twitched with worry. "Fine," Devil conceded, turning towards Kristen and jumping onto one of the buildings nearby.