24.1 The High Demoness

Tyrell

"Celina?" Tyrell mind-connected, dropping the book aside and instinctively taking a step toward the hole.

"Still alive!" Celina replied, her voice as faint as the beating sound coming from the other side of the wall. The slow fumes creeping out of it seemed to be getting whiter and thicker.

Tyrell let out a soft sigh of relief hearing her voice.

He went back to check on the books. It was strange, but in the given amount of time, he wanted to study as much as he could and refresh his memories. Much against Tyrell's better judgment, he admired his father's works. The book was a thorough handwritten guide to dark magic. Not to mention it was explicitly detailed, illustrating techniques- both basic and advanced. The chants, spells, and hexes. Everything good and bad sides of the magic – the differentiation of which came into full glare now that Tyrell thought of magic with both his mind and heart.

How bad can it be anyway? He debated with himself. Jyran used it for good once, did he not? And King Harsh lauded his proficiency in using magic. Hayden, Pruthvi, and Leena don't seem to mind too. What could go wrong with continuing the legacy? What's wrong with developing an extra knack and using it for the country's benefit?

No! Tyrell shook his head and another voice spoke in his mind. Dark Magic brings more trouble than joy. It's better to stay away from it. You're a Samagraha. Be proud and satisfied with the gift you possess.

He went back to reading the part where Jyran explained how the stones of the Breaking Samagraha were being used to manipulate the creatures. Fascinating! Then he searched for anything that gave further explanation of the stones of the Formation Samagraha and if there were any other purposes of these stones beyond giving them elemental powers and serving as the portal between Authentic and Parallel universes. Clearly, Pruthvi's stone was separated from the four of them. Didn't that mean that Shashi had taken a special interest in his stone? None of their Constellia was able to figure out where Makara and the Constellia of the breaking Samagraha were held captive.

He heaved a sigh of inexpressible resignation. Too many questions remain unanswered, and several issues still need to be resolved.

The crisp, earthy smell in the basement shifted and turned pungent. A faint chilled energy touched something primal inside of him. Tyrell perked up. The feel indicated that a mage was in close proximity. An extrasensory perception that every member of the Clan of Maya possessed, the ability that came with practice. How and why though?- educated mages had barely scratched the surface regarding the subject. In general, mages had to come in close contact with another mage to pick up the sensation, a touch per se did the trick. But Tyrell had been sensing the presence of another mage even from a fair amount of distance. It was no miracle. Jyran had believed it had something to do with Tyrell being the successor of First Opal User, who was both a mage and a Samagraha.

Even though Tyrell recognized the odor, he hung up on the energy that seemed to be getting sharper. The person was coming closer. Tyrell hurriedly threw the book to the ground and tiptoed toward the window. He crouched and hid in the shadowed corner. There was a faint frustrating grown. The person was murmuring something. Tyrell lifted himself a little and peeked through the window. The person was tall and seemingly robust. His loincloth was dirty and also...vaguely familiar. Morbid curiously crept up on Tyrell. That outline of the person...Tyrell know who he was.

The man stood against the wall, directly opposite the room where Tyrell stayed hidden. The former turned around and pulled his hood back. Tyrell's breath caught in his throat. It was Shashi Thribhuvan, indeed. His expression was full of hate and anger, and also cautious, almost like of a careful thief sneaking into a house. Shashi squinted around the surrounding. Then he pushed the wall inside. A hidden door, colored as same as the entire expense of the wall, came into the picture. Still looking around, Shashi went inside.