35: War Elevated

"Everybody, listen up!" Yuvan yelled at the top of his lungs. "We've worked hard for this. Now it's the time to bring it out all that is best. Let's go out there and give everything we've got!"

I released the floodgates, hiding from plain sight. My magical fire blazed up in the pit, and the torches shed their dancing light from their iron holders onto the terror-filled atmosphere of Dakshinpur.

The enthused Rawat's knights gushed forth the catacomb with immense force. Clamor and outrage broke. Hooked spears and arrows upheld with magical fire dancing at the striking end. The flamed-up arcing shots slicing the cusps of the creaturs' necks. Only the impatient, youthfully enthusiastic individuals with arms and munition of war could wreak more havoc up in the sky rivaling the terror of the abysmal clan.

Deep dying screeches and explosions thundered through the air as clouds of black volcanic ash coated the surroundings. One could call it a monster removal service if they wished because my knights were the predators of the predators and the protectors of the mild. They were a sort of societal immune system, that was how they functioned.

The weather, oh the weather, it was no stroke of luck that it had suddenly turned placid and favorable. Keeping the war aside, it could be called a balmy summer evening. Nazira was giving Shashi a run for his money in this department of magic. As per the plan she had locked herself in a closed room, undisturbed and deriving some peace of mind. The behind-the-scenes player I called her, and she was modest enough to accept the title.

Part inhumation and part cremation- the aerial war was no less deadly than any of the traditional battles held on the ground. A variety of weapons- the musket, the pistols, bows and arrows, and the innumerable carpets had been propelled aloft. The effective usage of these weapons also meant that the first aerial combat was being taken place in the country had been discovered. Thank you, Shashi. 

We were at a homestretch. Rawat's knights were fed and brainwashed and prepared for the swift, severe, and chaotic battle. Once they stepped outside the catacomb, they turned themselves into the fiercest competitor. The knights were pounding and pummelling their defenses under a beamless sky. A storm of arrows was buzzing and hissing. 

"I'll be damned." The red sun peeked over the scattering clouds on the horizon, breaking through the fog and mist covering the plains. The wind carried the shrill voices- the strange, animalistic language sweeping the sky and resonating so strongly in the minds of observers. A variety of chattering noises echoed through the villages, and I knew I was struck with an avalanche of emotions. Excitement threatened to force my breathing into irregular gasps, but I remained controlled. 

A chance to realign the scales and bring down the balance within humility was the main agenda. The knights were trained so well to disallow any complacent thoughts to stray in their minds. To believe in pursuing the enemy and emerging victorious. They had selflessly worked together for all these years and trained tirelessly only to see this day. I was positive that today they were going to give their darndest.

They had lived a cruel life underground. Now they were fighting in the air to bring their lives back to normal and sustain on the land, can this country get any weirder? But they knew the ordeal they were given to face; dare I say that consequences weren't going to be baleful. It wasn't child's play to fight and take back the fortune they deserved. To fight for the peace that came with great durability. I pleaded and prayed with all my heart- please...please don't die. Survive and last long. Work hard to live for your families and for your future generation.

The entire force consisted of two regiments, one flying above the other in a sequential manner, also controlled and commanded by the two Samagraha-Tyrell and Leena. The regiments maintained constant distance and strictly followed the tactics as planned by my friends and Yuvan.