27.3. Love and Friendship

"You're engaged? Are you insane?" Tyrell exclaimed.

"It's not official. I haven't given her the ring or anything yet."

"Without asking Pruthvi first? Do you even know how many codes you're breaking?"

"A lot, yeah."

"Some unsaid rules need to be followed, Mackay, whether or not you're a king."

"I'm aware, Tyrell. I'll tell him eventually."

"When? After you make ten babies and age gets muffin on you?"

"The moment Shashi dies, okay? Now will you please drop it? I need to concentrate."

"You're encouraging me to lie to my friend. I'm not very pleased, Mackay."

"I'm asking you to not bring this up when you both leave for the job. How is that considered a lie?"

"And that is how you kill Agnidaanav," Nazira said, as the shower of sparks shone, creating sizzling sounds. "Simply put, they are like crocodiles. Go for the eye first."

Her voice was unwavering and full of passion now that she was distinctly the main consultant of the group. It felt right, I'd say, to hear her voice and see her in my mind again. I was back to being a fully formed Samagraha, and proud to be so, there was no denying it. The nostalgic feeling of elation was indescribable. Not to mention, had there been no Shashi, I would be the only person with two hearts living in the country. Well, what can I say...

Tyrell had orated the spell under her guidance. Surprisingly, besides giving me hard stares and mind-connecting with me to talk in hushed tones about Nazira being my fiancé, he refrained from questioning me further about me bearing the dark magic. They trusted me, they all did.  I was over the moon this early in the morning, elated for seeing my friends with a positive disposition, each wrapped up in the excitement and anticipation of the upcoming jobs.

Today's zestful gathering was influencing me towards positivity. I wasn't scared. Did that mean that perhaps I wasn't doing something right? I cleared my throat noiselessly and sucked down the sense of haughtiness and entitlement creeping up on me.  At the risk of deriving happiness from current events, I had to remind myself to be mindful. There was an enemy still out there waiting to see me dead.

"That was one heck of a magic," said Pruthvi, watching the cat-sized fabricated two-eagled creature slowly diminishing into sparkles and falling on the table placed amidst us like confetti. Nazira smiled a full-hearted smile in admiration of him.

"And use the dagger?" asked Leena.

"Yes," Nazira replied. "It thrives on one magical heart. So stab once right at the spot where its neck branches out."

I took a tentative step forward and joined the group, forcibly dropping my mind connection with Tyrell. I made sure to avoid Celina's nagging gaze that lingered upon me longer than necessary. My friends were still clueless about the location of the Pride and Celina's desperation was evidently extreme. "Now that we're clear on all the specific details," I said. "I believe we all understand that the jobs need to finish off today and also simultaneously."

"It's a great plan," said Pruthvi. "However, it appears to me that we're building a castle in the sky."

"Don't like the sound of it, Pruthvi. What do you mean?"

"There's no guarantee I'll be able to break into Shashi's tomb today if not at least find it today. Is that possible, Tyrell?"

Tyrell grimly shook his head. "Not unless we successfully break the Clan of Pradhan first. Who's to say what condition Shashi put forth while impelling them."