30.2. A Royal Pain

Agnidaanav screeched with an unpleasant vengeful fury.

It swirled sideways and in a circular motion as though sliding off as if caught up on a spring action movement. The Formations reached halfway out, then snapped off together, gone, and disappeared in the thin air.

Celina's stomach tightened, and her pulse raced with nervousness, but she was as prepared as possible to this point. There was a war to be broken out shortly. The world was strung on a leash, only waiting for Celina to break the cord. At that moment when she gazed up at the creature, she remembered Doctor. She remembered the training they had together before they fought Almourah. His teachings and his unspoken love towards her. She swallowed a lump and mentally shook her head, on visualizing the people dying and suffering because of this new horrendous clan. They were her people, and that made her feel ready to surmount any peril for the country's sake.

Nazira took a long breath. She bent her head low and closed her eyes, seemingly relaxing or perhaps concentrating.

The sky thundered. Small portions of clouds huddled together and darkened, forming a mass of deceptive material. The artificial downpour now turned into a sluicing rain. Water flooded from the sky, beating a tattoo on Agnidaanav's body. The creature screeched and flew faster, showing signs of abatement. Nazira looked at Celina and gave a single nod. This was the cue. Hardik opened outstretching rather stiffly and lay flat on the ground inviting Celina.

Before she stepped up on it, Nazira took a step upfront and touched her arm. "Creature has a mind of its own. Please do not..."

Celina raised a hand, warding her silence. "I know. I don't need any more of your assistance."

Ignoring Nazira's worried expression, Celina stepped over the carpet and squatted down, fists tightly held against the smooth silky fur of the carpet. Heart racing, eyes glued on the creature, she quickly formulated the techniques to bring down the massive opponent. Hardik jerked, lifting itself slowly, hovering in the air for a second or two, then whooshed into the sky. They are like crocodiles, Celina thought about Nazira's suggestion again and again, go for the eye.

Hardik was discomforted at first - falling and rising, falling and raising in the heady downpour- the cadence however turned a flat line once it grasped the rhythm and withstood the beating rain. It had its own style of escaping other smaller creatures. Celina hissed and shivered, getting drenched wet. She quickly found her balance and sat up on her knee, comfortable. Hardik began taking laps around Agnidaanav either waiting for Celina's nerves to buzz or seeking the creature's attention.

Below Nazira was the only audience who looked like a tiny dot from the distance. She stood at the same spot, outside the cave at the foot of the mountain. While above, the smaller creatures scattered further away, the mad rain forcing them to be out of range.

This is going to be one memorable fight, Celina thought. The two eyes of the creature, one on each face were blackened and charred, while the good ones stared at her, angry plumes escaping from its nose. Sharp gusts of wind began swirling around Celina's hand. "Hardik," she said, "Please do not let me down. Let's go, get the damn creature."

The carpet swished forward. Agnidaanav flapped its gigantic wings, piercing gust of wind slightly knocked the carpet back. Celina caught Hardik's fur in a tight fist for balance and hung on. She got back up, created a sword-like windy weapon, and hurled it straight toward its eye. Despite the rain and being moderately knocked by Hayden and Leena, the creature was still commendably strong. It darted aside and blasted off the fire.

Hardik jerked, swishing and swooshing, and glid from above the flames, slanted slightly, having its chauffeur balance at her best. The creature screeched, as Celina got closer. She created weapons, one after the other, and hurled continuously at the creature. The technique did not work. No surprise there.