Chapter [22]

No proofreading! I will edit later so excuse any silly mistakes ㅠㅠ

Enjoy!

The rumors of a potential war between Daegu and Busan had been sweeping through the neighbouring kingdoms like wildfire.

The two largest kingdoms were going to kill each other, which meant opportunity for the majority of people—their ultimate dream—and they were even thrilled about the news.

To address the issue's resolution, only the linked allies met, and they decided to force the two parties to negotiate first.

There is nothing positive about war; it results in the deaths of people and the downfall of the economy. Only egotistical individuals would believe they could profit from war.

What, though, prompted Daegu to attack Busan so suddenly? which was the topic they were currently debating.

"I don't really understand. I get that they have been enemies for centuries, but they have always minded their own business! As long as there wasn't conflict which we don't know, top-tier kingdoms like them absolutely wouldn't start fighting!"

''That's right. It's not strange for small kingdoms to act recklessly and often bite each other, but Daegu and Busan?"

"I heard that the leader of the troops is Prince Kim Taehyung! The one and only heir of Daegu Aigoo...youngsters nowadays are not easy to handle. Consider the period of time when he'd attain Daegu's throne. Real terror''

"When it comes to combat and weapons, Daegu is both the strongest and most enthusiastic kingdom. Negotiations must go well for us. Daegu King, what about him? Has he received a request to do something with his son from someone?"

"We already did! You want to know what he had said? He gave his son complete control of this situation.. Unbelievable!''

"Oh, I remember now! Prince Kim kidnapped Busan's youngest prince and crippled him, didn't he?"

''Isn't just a hearsay? Don't say nonsense easily! Even if your assumptions are correct, Busan should be the one attacking Daegu. Right?"

''Absolutely. Did you also notice that Jeon's royal mansion was the sole place the attack was directed at? When Prince Kim and his forces seized the border and control centre, he didn't execute anyone there and instead took a helicopter straight to the Jeon mansion, according to the news I received. Despite being undoubtedly encircled, Busan has not yet been invaded. So, the battle can be over; nevertheless, Prince Kim might not be pleased."

"Yet, we must prevent the war from starting; we will monitor the situation and intervene once it becomes worse, either by negotiation or by employing force."

''I agree.''

The allies couldn't get involved yet, or the current situation could spiral out of control.

~~~

Jungkook couldn't figure out what screw was lost in Taehyung's brain. He was already acting so rudely towards his in-laws despite the fact that they had not yet gotten married.

He didn't even get the opportunity to explain once he was left alone in the room since his brother interrupted him with furious eyes.