Chapter [23]

Long Chapter ahead! Enjoy :)

"Eat more, Jungkookie. Here!''

"Taste this too. We made the chef prepare all of your favorite dishes. Was the food good there? Daegu?''

Jungkook was having dinner with his family, the four of them. After the eventful day, every dish was so delicious that he's afraid he'll get a stomachache from eating everything his parents put on his plate.

''Not bad. Even some dishes are to my taste! They made the best noodles and dumplings, very chewy and meaty. Totally my style."

Jungkook answered while chewing the food in his mouth, so the words came out a little muffled, but his family understood them. They all used to do it.

"Don't speak while food is in your mouth, little prince. Swallow first; you always need to be reminded."

"I can't help that the bulgogi is sooooo good!"

The others watched fondly as the youngest ate and sipped his banana milk. Jungkook was the most adorable boy of their house, of their kingdom.

"Oh yeah, Yoongi-ah. Any reports from the border where you had inspected?"

"It's all good, father. I checked everywhere Kim and his men had touched. Only a few soldiers had minor injuries."

"What did you learn today? Can you figure out what and where we lack? as a crown prince?"

"I knew I should have handled the case more calmly and prepared in advance because I knew that Bastard would come again. Kim is not someone who'd let it go easily, and it is my fault, looking down on him."

Jungkook gulped silently. He's not gonna lie, but it was very uncomfortable to hear his family discussing about Taehyung, you know?

Moreover, he still hadn't received approval from his family or a definitive response on their relationship. He so carried on peacefully swallowing the food while acting as though he had not heard anything about Taehyung.

"Can you stop this? If you want to lecture your son, do it at your office, not at the dinner table. Your majesty''

Jungkook snickered at his mom's sarcastic tone and his dad's offended face. King or not, his dad looked like a puppy scolded by his owner.

"My bad, your grace. Your majesty will shut his mouth as you command."

The queen rolled her eyes and teased back, "Thank you very much," with a faint smile tugging at her lips.

Jungkook giggled more, enjoying his parents' drama. They were all lovey-dovey as if they hadn't been married for three decades. His mind immediately thought about Taehyung—could they also be like his parents in the future? Married happily, bickering all day, loving each other, and being together for the rest of their lives.

Just imagining it made Jungkook smile like a fool.

"Why do you make that face? Thinking about Kim?"

Oh, my lord. Could someone shut his brother up too? Maybe Jimin would do it gladly.

Now. Jungkook met three pairs of curious eyes staring at him, waiting for his answer.

''O-of course not! What do you mean by "that" face? I am just smiling at our parents' cuteness, ok?"

"Try harder to lie, little brother. You are smiling like a fool who is planning to elope with a wild man, your lovely Kim Taehyung. If so, NO from me, and you are not going anywhere with that man until we approve him, my little prince."

Yoongi said something like a warning at the end, with one eyebrow raised and looking straight into Jungkook's eyes as if he were demanding an answer.