Chapter [24]

📌Please make sure to read author note at the end >.<

Them🥵🔥

Enjoy!

Taehyung's appearance was not that suitable for this kind of meeting, but well, what could he do? Just washing his face with water and making his morning hair slicked back neatly with that water, the clothes that he wore yesterday, and a final touch with Jungkook's cologne, that's all.

Taehyung's body was tense despite his relaxed facial features, at least it seemed. He also noticed his bun's worried glances here and there, to which he tried to respond with a reassuring smile.

"Why are you so stiff? Don't worry; we will talk later for sure. Just eat comfortably now."

At his father's words, Jungkook puffed his cheeks and accused cutely, "Of course he is not comfortable with you staring hard at him the whole time!"

Taehyung let out a low chuckle and eyed the younger in amusement; the Queen is laughing quietly too.

The King cleared his throat and finally stopped staring after being called out by his son; he didn't even try to deny or argue.

Now the atmosphere was much better and less stressed, Jungkook thought and sighed softly.

"Try this, Taehyungie. It's so good!"

Taehyung's plate received a spoonful of japchae, his favourite side dish, and he put it in his mouth immediately. "Oh, it is delicious. Thanks, bun.''

Encouraged by the praise, Jungkook added more and more foods to the plate. Taehyung was no longer tense and enjoyed his meal happily, making Jungkook relieved.

After a while, corn soup was served; it looked so appetising with the smell of butter and spices. Jungkook was so excited to dig into his favourite soup that he didn't notice how hot it looked. Without bothering to blow on it to make it cool, he slurped it down instantly.

What a mistake!

Jungkook felt his tongue burn and go numb; his throat felt a little hot too. He emitted a shriek unconsciously, getting attention from the others at the table. He let the spoon down hurriedly and wanted to get his cold water but was halted by a "don't" followed by a loud scraping.

Taehyung stood abruptly from his chair and got the normal water (not the cold one) and handed it to him. Jungkook accepted and gulped down the water hastily; oh, lord, luckily the soup wasn't hot enough to burn his throat too much; he still had a numb tongue, though.

''Always clumsy. Don't you see the steam coming out of the soup?"

Yoongi, who was late and a step behind Taehyung, scolded the youngest despite his standing posture from his chair saying otherwise. His eyes flickered to his parents, and he took note of how much his parents looked pleased by Taehyung's actions. Indeed, old people got satisfied too easily.

''You alright? Do you want me to get more water, babe?"

''No need. I'm good.''

Taehyung didn't say anymore, but he reached out his hand to pull the other's soup silently and blew on it to cool it off. He forgot about the other people at that time; he only wished for his bun's convenience and no more burn. Out of habit, he offered to feed the boy by placing the spoon near the latter's mouth.

"I, um, can eat it myself, Taehyungie."

Only then did Taehyung become aware of other eyes and let out a small "oh," before placing the soup back in front of the younger.