7

"Alright. Lunch is packed. Juniper is ready and fed. We're late. Let's go." I said as Colby grabbed his keys.

"I can take her, Jules. You need to rest." Colby said as I shook my head.

"I'm fine. I feel better already. Let's go." I repeated then gestured towards the door so he would lead the way.

He sighed then went to leave the house. I knew he was worried about me and I was trying to be understanding about that but one seizure wasn't going to stop me from going about my day.

While I was in bed I checked my email so I was able to see that the restaurant I got the job at emailed me.

I had to pick up some black pants and a couple black v neck shirts for the uniform so that's what we would do while the kids were at school.

I was always a little excited to do normal tasks with Colby.

It felt stupid to feel that way because normal couples did things like this all the time.

Almost our entire dating life was spent being scared and hidden.

We drove to the school while Juniper sang to herself in the backseat. I literally couldn't get over how adorable she was all the time.

She never talked back and she certainly never accused me of being like my mother.

I hated that Jenna said that because even if I was going to forgive her, it still put a big dent in our relationship.

When we got to Juniper's school, Colby pulled up to the curb.

"We'll be back." I said with a smile then got out of the car and helped Juniper get out of her car seat.

"Are you ready for school, love?" I asked and took her hand, leading her towards the school.

"Yeah!" Juniper said with excitement as she jumped up and down. "Perfect. Remember to be nice to all of the kids and your teacher." I said and opened the door for her.

"I'm always nice, sissy." Juniper said as I chuckled. "Yes ma'am." I said then crouched down. "I love you, I'll see you later." I said then gave her a hug.

"I love you. Bring Colby to pick me up." She whispered as she hugged me. "Okay." I said with a laugh then stood up and handed her off to her teacher.

I thought it was so funny how obsessed with Colby she was. I mean I totally understood where she was coming from but I've never seen her act like this around anyone.

She and Colby had a special bond.

When I got to the car I got in and looked at Colby. "You okay?" He asked as I sighed, deflating slightly.

"Am I like my mother?" I asked and looked over at him. "No, and the fact Jenna said that pisses me off." He said with a hint of anger.

"You know she said that?" I asked and looked over at him.

"Yeah. Had a little talk with her about it." He said and kept his eyes forward as he started driving. "Did you yell at her?" I asked as he sighed.

"I might have gotten a little angry but didn't yell. She's old enough to take it." He said then reached over and took my hand.

"Are we just going home?" Colby asked as I shook my head. "I need to get work clothes and we need to grocery shop." I said as he nodded.

"Are you gonna let Jenna go tomorrow?" Colby asked as I sighed.

"I don't really have a choice now do I?" I asked and looked out the window. "You do. After the shit she pulled, I don't think you should let her." He said causing me to laugh.