Vol 1. Chapter 18: SS: Kurushima Kaoru - Aftermath Of The Trial

[Kurushima Pov]

[10th July, Wednesday, 19.25, Outside]

How ironic...

The same method I thought about has really gotten used by "Horikita". 

Ahem, I'm sorry, I meant Ayanokoji. It's astonishing that he was able to convince those three from Class D.

But since the trial took as expected the direction of expulsion for one of the two parties, it was undoubtedly clear that it would be far more easier to convince them. After all, those three don't want to be expelled. Even if that meant disobeying Ryūen, and being beaten up by him in the Aftermath.

Well...

I was able to confirm now that Ayanokoji is the one behind the trial, and the one who was also behind the old midterm exam papers.

It seems like I was right again.

"K-Kurushima-kun," I could hear someone muttering my name in nervousness. 

"A-Are you alright?" A certain pink-haired girl called Sakura Airi from my class asked.

"Yeah, but thank you for asking," I responded.

"B-But your eyes look s-so sad," she muttered again in nervousness.

"My eyes?" I asked confused.

She just nodded in return her head hastily. "I see," I muttered.

"C-can I p-perhaps do something?" she asked.

"Thank you for the offer, but I don't need anything. I just need some time alone, Sakura-san. I need to order my thoughts," I responded.

"O-okay," she muttered, her tone showing understanding of my current need to be left alone. "G-goodbye K-Kurushima-kun."

Saying that, she left. I stood there just wondering how my eyes must have looked when even someone as nervous as Sakura thought about cheering me up.

Slowly I walked up to a iron fence, where behind was nothing more than the horizon of the ocean.

I climbed up above the fence, standing at the leftover of the ground remaining which was after the fence.

I looked under me, seeing the ocean like reflection depicting my face which clearly showed a hint of sadness and pain in my eyes.

No matter how much time passes, the pain still remains at my heart. No matter how much I tried to forget the memories, it never was possible.

I tried to forget. I constantly tried. But it was never possible. So instead I cherished these last memories I had of my family with all my heart.

And...

I choose to walk an path my parents never wanted me to walk...

The path of vengeance...

Even now, I can't let anything get in my way...

If someone does, that person needs to be gone...

I swore it to myself, remember?

Yeah...

I'm already far too gone...

--

A/N: And this concludes the SS Chapter. 

That was a small SS Chapter of Kurushima's emotional state, currently.

Anyhow, Vol 1. will be finished after the next chapter, with the Hiyori SS Chapter. 

Please leave a comment and vote there. I'd appreciate it.