Vol 2. Chapter 6: Deserted Island Exam [4/4] - Retirement

[5th August]

[Kurushima Pov]

It's been five days so far in this exam. Currently, I am once again surrounded by a group of girls who stood up too soon. They didn't let me move freely, but after convincing them in a charismatic way, I was able to finally walk alone. 

My pupils moved for a small moment on Ayanokoji, who was also sleeping.

I approached Hirata, who was awake and told him I would search for food where it might be the likeliest to grow so that we don't need to spend one class unit ration of food. Yesterday, we were able to spare food twice. So we should have more than 20 S-Points spared.

But that's also wrong. The girls bought for 12 S-Points pillows for the ground because the ground was so hard for their backs.

I just heard that indirectly from the group of girls, who I reiterate said: "The ground was so soft", "I slept so well" and "The ground is softer than my bed". Based on that, I deduced that they bought pillows since pillows are one of the fewer offers in the manual for causing this effect.

And seemingly since the whole girl's tents were provided with pillows, I calculated and deduced that they must have bought pillows for twelve S-Points since these amounts of S-Points were necessary for covering the outline of their tents.

Ah, it's not particularly like I care again.

This will cause drama again when the boys figure the girls' spending out. And then I'll be the one who needs to hear the drama and tell who's right and who's wrong.

Almost every day during the exam, there have been instances of drama. I was the one who needed to intervene and experience most of their drama problems.

She said this, and he said that we want this. We don't want this. All of them came to me because Hirata could never make an objective judgment about who was right or not.

He was simply "Switzerland," and I was the court who posed the judgment after considering their arguments if they even had one.

Honestly, I wanted to give these problems to Hirata. I still wanted to at least investigate into whether there are more poisonous plants with stronger effects than the two I have found.

But right now, I had the free time to discover the area alone and didn't need to hear their drama.

I went to Biotope's, where it's perfect for poisonous berries to grow. But despite going there, I never saw any. I was hopeful. But not anymore.

The school really disposed of dangerous plants, huh?

I just didn't want to accept this since I never had the chance to conduct an investigation thoroughly.

But I have remebered something else that might be worthwhile while walking in the forrest; the location of some venomous snakes, which are in a rather shut-off location on the island, mentioned in the manual, wherein their location is marked.

Once I remembered that, I walked off back to our camp spot.

While walking away, I thought about Ryūen's Zero-Point Strategy.

And also the unusual fact that everything on that day when I visited alongside Ayanokoji and Horikita Class D's camp had only spent 100 S-Points according to my calculations.

The 200 other S-Points were used for a certain other class from the looks of it. And it isn't Class B nor C, since there wouldn't be any spies in the first place here otherwise.

It's naturally Katsuragi who wants to take control of his class, which is why Ryūen made a deal with him. He could use this opportunity to gain something of equivalent worth by providing Katsuragi with 200 S-Points and the identity of Class B and C's leader.