Vol 2. Chapter 9: Zodiac Exam [1/4] - New Plans

A/N: Make sure to vote this chapter and the one's before. 

[Kurushima Pov]

[11th August, 8.00]

Waking up from the bed, I heard my phone vibrating. It's time, huh? I slightly looked at the rest of the room, only to see none of my roommates there.

Well, I am someone who enjoys sleeping long when the circumstances allow it. 

These two weeks, no this remaining week, I am going to enjoy sleeping longer. For now, I should check the mail.

[After a period of thorough consideration, you have not been chosen as the "VIP. " Please act together as one and challenge the exam in that manner. The exam itself shall begin from 1:00 PM today onwards. The exam will be held for three days from this point onwards. If you belong to the (Dragon) group, please come up to the room marked as such on the second floor immediately.]

Uh, well, it's not like I particularly care. 

Just in case, I should figure our class VIPs out so I can analyze a potential pattern of how the VIP might be determined. That is, if there is even one.

Reluctantly, I laid in my bed for ten minutes before I would go to my classmates to get our VIPs identities, but to my surprise, a certain someone decided to visit me during this time.

But that aside, I had gotten without long talk the VIP identities of my class. Kushida from my group, Karuizawa from the rabbit group, and Minami-san from the horse group.

Each one of them approached me, which wasn't how I thought it would go, but I suppose it spares me trouble of asking for our VIPs.

Each class will have three VIPs, which wasn't really confirmed, but this school wouldn't give any class a particular advantage, but let the classes on equal grounding and chances with the VIP's.

The people in our class are from the rabbit group, which is in fourth place according to the Chinese Zodiac, the dragon group, the fifth place, and the horse group, the seventh place. I thought that here might already be a pattern, but that would be too simple.

Another approach would be to look after the comparable trios of each animal with another.

In the Chinese zodiac, rat, monkey, and dragon result in one trio, ox, snake, and rooster to another one. Tiger, dog, and horse form another trio and rabbit, goat, and pig form another trio. However, neither of these shows any relation to our VIPs.

It would have been far easier if the VIPs in our class were all in one of these four trios, which could have helped identifying the leader according to this pattern. But I suppose that's also invalid, seeing that the animals and the VIPs from my class aren't proportional according to this pattern.

Naturally, I won't take the possibility out that one of the other classes might have this pattern. And the only logical one would be Ox, Snake, and Rooster. That's the only logical one here, which could be used as a pattern for another class.

Hmm, I might as well reminisce myself about all groups and their members to see a potential pattern being formed there.

Right now, I don't have any decisive clues, so either I rely on my observations on the other classes, and see who of them according to their body language is the VIP, or I might try thinking further.

Well, I'll do both either way. 

In situations like these, it's natural that a few people will inadvertently give their identity as the VIP price. The slightest unnatural and unnecessary movement on the body language of certain students might be worthwhile to study.