Vol. 4. Chapter 6: Meeting Class Leader's

[21st October]

[Third Person Pov]

A white haired girl with a cane could be seen, walking through the grounds of the school, at a rather secretive location, with whom she decided to meet up.

"Fufu, Kanzaki-kun, you called me?"

"Indeed, I did, Sakayanagi."

Kanzaki, who had crossed his arms until now, looked at Sakayanagi Arisu.

"Would you like to converse with me as a fellow acquaintance who has not yet had the opportunity to converse properly, or is it regarding the Paper Shuffle Exam, Kanzaki-kun?"

He looked slightly uncomfortable, as this was their first real meeting since long, and the topic he would discuss was relating towards something else.

"The latter topic, Sakayanagi. Now that you have full leadership of your class, your decision is final, in every matter. So I'd like to discuss something with you."

"It's all thanks to you, Kanzaki-kun."

He looked in slight confusion. "Thanks to me...?"

"Of course, you must have realized it already, but the reason your class lost in the Zodiac Exam is naturally because of Kurushima-kun, who had accordingly tested whether you did 'betray' your class or not."

"Although I suppose, it was rather to protect them, and not to 'betray' them, in that kind of sense, right?"

"By thinking Ryūen-kun would use this chance to submit both my class and Kurushima's class VIP's, you deliberately went along and gave all 3 of your VIP's, so he could figure the pattern behind the VIP Selection out."

"Your class would go away luckily with just a deduction of 50 Class Points, while everyone's focus would be on Ryūen-kun, naturally."

"And Ichinose-san, she'd be in need to get a quick reality check through these two experiences, where your class did lose."

"With the latter Special Exam, just through pure 'luck' upon Ryūen-kun's mercy, who openly declares that he does not regard your class as a real threat, so he 'spared' your class."

"In truth, however, he could not submit you, through the contract, you two, did. Even Ryūen-kun is not crazy enough to break a contract, so easily."

"Quite unexpected, honestly, I admit, Kanzaki-kun. But I suppose that's to be expected from you, after all."

"Which makes me very curious, did you do something else, too, per example, in the Deserted Island Exam in your class...?"

"I'm not sure what you're talking about, Sakayanagi."

She looked at him, slightly, seeing that he looked at her, in confusion. "Is that so...? I guess you're unaware, too, then..."

"Unaware of what...?"

"Of another hidden 'mastermind' in our year, aside that from Kurushima-kun's class..."

"... And that very own 'mastermind' should be in your class, Kanzaki-kun."

Kanzaki had trouble on following Sakayanagi's words. "... I'm afraid I'm not able to follow you at all, Sakayanagi. What are you trying to tell me...?"

"Fufufu, I suppose I should explain everything from the beginning, shouldn't I?"

"Well, let's phrase it like this: Ryūen-kun's victory in the Island Exam... it was not supposed to initially happen."

Upon hearing these words, he looked in evidential shock. But he remained quiet, intending to listen Sakayanagi's explanation to the very end.