SS: Kurushima Kaoru - Birthday

A/N: Long Chapter ahead. But also important, so I suggest you to read till the end.

[Word Count: 7810]

--

[20th October, 19.18]

[Kurushima Pov]

Hearing the doorbell, I opened the door.

There, I saw Hiyori Shiina, my girlfriend, standing right in front of me.

[Image:]

"Kaoru, I'm sorry for arriving so late

"Kaoru, I'm sorry for arriving so late."

As she said that, she entered the room.

I could see how she was carrying on her right hand that she was carrying a packaged cake, as Hiyori and I always used to order them there too, while we were reading, so I was very familiar with it.

Although, it looks like a special cake, from the way it's packaged.

No, anyhow, don't focus yourself on it.

It's a surprise, remember...?

Overanalyzing everything... it's a thing I can't simply turn off, normally, but when I focus myself only on Hiyori, it's indeed possible.

"Don't worry, it's nothing much. How long did the celebration of Ryūen-kun's birthday last?"

"It ended around forty-five minutes ago, hence the reason I'm a bit late. What about yours?"

"18.10 o'clock, so it was a bit sooner than Ryūen-kun's."

"Oh... I see. I'm sorry..."

"For what, exactly...?"

I looked confused at her, for what exactly she would feel sorry for.

"That I wasn't celebrating with you, until now..."

I patted her head with my hand.

"You're here now, so everything is fine, isn't it? Besides you know how the saying goes, the best person comes at last, doesn't it?"

She flushed away from what I said, but quietly nodded.

"Thank you..."

"I should rather be the one to say 'Thank you', Hiyori. Since you're in my life, everything has been going uphill, currently."

She looked at me embarrassed. "You too, Kaoru. Without you, I doubt I'd have developed as much as I have. But..."

"You're worrying about the class competitions...?"

"Don't worry, I already said it in the beginning, didn't I? Whether I'm in Class A or D does not matter for me, so don't worry, I would never think of putting our relationship up in the line for something like that, ever."