Vol. 4. Chapter 4: Meeting

A/N: I messed up with the timeline again, lol. I overlooked something crucial. When Yukimura, Ayanokoji, Miyake, and Hasebe go to the pallet cafe the first time, Ayanokoji mentions tomorrow is his Birthday.

How did I overlook this...

Anyhow, instead of Thursday, the Test is written at Friday, and handed back at Monday, the 19th, at the same day Yukimura, Hasebe, Akito, and Kiyo go to the cafe, the first time.

I'll make sure to change the dates, probably.

Also, long chapter ahead.

[Word Count: 6829]

Soon, this fanfic will reach its second milestone, with 200k words. It's been quite the journey, honestly, and still, I have not achieved the chapter I desire the most to write, the confrontation with Chairman Sakayanagi...

Lol... I hope it doesn't take that long, anymore...

Anyway, without speaking much further, there you go. Hope you enjoy it.

--

[Ayanokoji Pov]

[October 16th, Friday]

As I left the dormitories, I did a deep sigh, hoping I wouldn't be paired up with someone very bothersome. Since I was in Group 2, I'd be paired up with someone from Group 3, in the end.

Kurushima, even though you know I'm X, you could have allocated me in the group 3, couldn't you?

Haah...

Since we don't have so many good students, it's logical, I guess...

He knows of my abilities now, after all.

But to think he was able to deduce I wasn't hiding myself from Ryūen, but deliberately wanted the outcome of a confrontation to happen, that's quite surprising.

I used Manabe for that solemn reason, since the Zodiac Exam, because I want a confrontation with violence to happen.

While deducing a traitor certainly being possible in Ryūen's class, who revealed his girlfriend's competition list, it doesn't necessarily imply to be X.

It could have been an accident, and if not, there's also the possibility of a girl being manipulated by Sakayanagi, too.

Given the fact that many girls in general like him and are in love with him, it's not entirely impossible to conclude that a girl of Ryūen's class deliberately spread this information because of jealously.

Or it could be Ryūen, who did this, aiming for it, as he had given the competitions in which Kurushima participated to Sakayanagi, likewise with that of his girlfriend.

And Sakayanagi won't tell anything either...

But... she seemed quite anticipated to fight him, too, herself.

As an individual who's aware of Kurushima's past, she should be able to know him decently enough.

If I really wanted, I might be able to get the information...

However, she seems to have her own plans, after all.

Should I wait?

Unlike any other students in our Class, I've not noticed any severe defectives qualities of Kurushima, yet.

There were his money managing problems, his recklessness; both in the Island Exam and Sports Festival, but that was it, actually.

You could argue that there was his kind-hearted nature, but in that comparison, he isn't different from Ichinose, is he?