Vol 2. Chapter 3: Deserted Island Exam [1/4] - A Unique Opportunity

[1st August, 9.19]

[Ayanokoji Pov]

I wonder...how long I can withstand my desire to eat ice cream. It's hard. Despite this being the first day, I already want to buy myself another special deluxe chocolate ice cream.

Yeah, that one before getting eaten by Horikita, who walked right next to me without care or the slightest feeling of guilt. Shouldn't she have at least the slightest feelings of guilt?

I mean, not only did she eat my ice cream, but when she woke up from her dumper sleeping on the bus, she seemed to think I had laid her head deliberately on my shoulders. And then...I felt once again the might of the almighty compass.

I turned to the side and looked at her as we were in the last row in the class, and no one was behind us with an expressionless look. I hoped she would understand what she did, but I guess that's more than too much to ask.

She looked back, with an eyebrow raised. "Ayanokoji-kun," she said. "I'd appreciate it if you stopped staring at me."

This was perhaps one of the singular cases where the individual called Horikita Suzune didn't use her compass to make me obedient. I honestly got surprised and raised an eyebrow of shock.

But a certain person could read my thoughts and took her compass out.

"You know Ayanokoji-kun, I still have my compass with me," she said, spinning that almighty compass around her right hand at a fast-paced speed, unable for my eye to follow.

"So be careful of what you're thinking," she exclaimed.

"You wouldn't want this compass to do this—'"

Of all of a sudden, the compass was now a few centimeters from my body away. I flinched in anxiety about being poked by the sharp end of the compass.

I already have too many bad experiences with this compass. I'd love to prevent any further instances where I'm being poked by the compass. After all, it's really painful.

With a deep sigh, I walked further. However, I had miscalculated that we weren't required to walk further anymore, as we had reached a suitable spot.

Luckily, I could stop before bumping into someone. It would have been awkward if that had happened. It really would.

It seems like we've reached the spot Ike was eager to show us. It was a flat land, with a biotope of trees nearby covering the shades of the sun. Additionally, there was a stream right here, which also might be drinkable.

Ike suddenly approached the stream and drank with both of his hands the water. "It's drinkable," Ike said.

"The stream has enough purity for us to drink it without boiling it in advance. It's safe." Ike assessed in a motivated tone, as the necessary tool for survival was already at our disposal.

Kurushima suddenly raised his hand to get everyone's attention.

"Everyone, can you listen to me?" Kurushima asked. "I think this spot is suitable for us. It has a geographical advantage, as Ike has just pointed out, we have a source of drinkable water nearby. We also have ample shade from the trees and enough space for all of us to set up our tents."

"Plus, the beach is just three stone's throws away, and we can enjoy a nice swim or maybe even do some fishing there."

"What about the food?" someone asked from the class.

"That's a good question. There's naturally the opportunity to spend a part of our 300 S-Points on food for all of us until the end of the exam. Although it may be expensive, the priority that everyone is safe and sheltered with food is our priority. Additionally, we could try to go fishing, as the beach isn't that far away from here to minimize the spending of class points. If we're lucky, we might as well do not need to spend any S-Points for food if we have collected more food than necessarily for our daily ration."