Vol 3. Chapter 2: Sport Hall

[16th August, After Chabashira left the classroom]

[Third Person Pov]

After Horikita, Hirata and Kurushima asked a couple of questions regarding the Sport Festival, Chabashira left. 

As the lesson still had 20 minutes of time, they could use this to talk about the Sport Festival.
After those twenty minutes, they will meet up at the Gymnastic Hall.

Within a short amount of time, the class reached a conclusion. The proposal Horikita said, of letting the people compete who are better in athletics.

Although there were a couple of person's who didn't agree, but then when even Kurushima spoke up, saying it was the better option, everyone relentlessly agreed. It didn't take too long. A bit of reasoning, and it was fine. 

Regarding the Recommended Only Sport competitions, Sūdo and Kurushima agreed to do that role for all four contests.

Besides that, Kurushima was quieter than usual.  

Of course, it was mostly because he wanted the class to get independent of him. He had not the intention of attending the school for too long, so them becoming too dependent on him would not be good.

After the discussion ended, they went to Sport Hall, as per instructed by their teacher.
Hirata, who walked next to Kurushima spoke. "You've been a bit quiet in the classroom. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, don't worry, Hirata. I was just thinking of something else. It happens sometimes. If I'm once completely immersed in something else, it gets hard to get out of it. It happens quite often."

"I know that too good. It happens to me also... very often."

They continued with their small talk, until arriving at the Gym Hall. After changing themselves in their sport uniform, they could finally begin with the several tests.

Once having arrived in the Sports Hall, Horikita looked restless around.

"I don't see Nii-san? Where could he be?"

Moments later, a person from the third year spoke up.

"I am Fujimaki from Class A of the 3rd years. It has been decided that I will be taking charge of the Red Team for this event."

Apparently it didn't seem like Horikita Manabu is taking charge here. Given his position as the Student Council President, the thought of him taking the charge would be logical.
But that didn't seem to be the case. 

"First of all, I'll be giving the 1st years an advice. This may be unnecessary to a portion of you, but I'd like you to keep in mind how critically important this sports festival is. The experience you will gain from the sports festival will definitely be made use of on a different occasion as well. In future exams as well, there will be times when parts of it feel like games to you. However, each and every last one of them are battles on which you bet your survival in this school." 

From the senior students such ambiguous yet appreciated words of advice came.

"Since you don't have a feel for it yet maybe you might not be motivated right now. But since we're doing it anyways we'll be aiming to win, hold strongly onto that feeling. That alone is something everyone should keep in mind."

Having said those weighted words, Fujimaki looked around at the Red Team once before continuing.

"The only event in which all the school years will be participating in is the 1200 meter relay at the end. Other than that, all the other events will have the school years divided up. After this, please assemble according to your school years and discuss your strategy going forward."