chapter 12

The king smiles at Enrique who places the blanket in the middle of the and rest the sleeping baby on it. Enrique then proceeds to instruct him on what to do and what not to do.

"Now remember to be careful and prepare, the milk is there and should be at the right temperature, understand?" 

"Yes, yes, how hard can it be?" He said sitting in the bed.

Enrique didn't say anything as his upper lip twitches, the king intentionally or not just uses the forbidden words and now the snow freckle will soon understand the pains of parenthood. 

They both went to bed with the baby, one feeling vengeful the other feeling casual. As soon as the emperor is about to settle into slumber.

"WAAAAAAH"  

The emperor opens his eyes from shock, such a loud sound. He had no choice but to get up, and pick the baby up. 

"According to your mother, your either hungry or you mess yourself simple task let's check" 

He searched the diapers to find there was luckily no signs of faeces, and so he went for the milk the king must say.

"Such a deafening sound" 

He went to pour the milk from the preserver, pouring it into the bottle he used a little of his mana then put it in the baby's mouth but froze for a moment putting it at the back of his hand. He hissed as burns him. 

"WAAAAAAH!" 

"WAAAAAAH WAAAAAAH!" 

The king could barely focus, "Quiet Child!" 

"WAAAAAAH! WOAAAAHH!" 

The king could feel a headache erupting, he tries to hush it as the baby's sounds are unbearable. 

The king tries walking around the room impatiently then tests the milk again until finally he could feed the hungry creature.

He sat at the edge of the bed feeding him, he looked at the former ugly thing looking so precious drinking the milk and so he smiled. 

After drinking his fill the baby once again starts to cry miserably, the king was confused why was he crying, he is fed! Did he poop no!

He went towards Enrique to wake, who mumbles then opens his eyes. "Mm… what?" 

"I don't understand" 

Enrique looks at him with one eye open, "did you burp him" 

".... were you awake this whole time?" The king asks 

Enrique stretches, "what do you mean? How hard can it be right? Now give gently patts and burp him then hush him to bed as for me I shall be resting" 

"......" 

The king had to spend the next three hours tending to the crying child. Until finally he could get some sleep, then the next hour.

"WOAAAAHHHHHHHHH"

He had to change the diapers and spend some time sitting up with a toy until finally getting him to sleep again.

"WAAAAAAHHHHHH"

Feed him then hush, as he was about to close his eyes.

"WOAAAAHHHHHHHHH……

Sitting next to the windows, he sat up hushing the crying child. Inside the king's mind a court was in session.

"I say throw it out the window! We can make new ones" Angry king yells.

"You can't possibly do that, it's only a baby! All we need is patience" Patience king objects.

"Well certainly we won't have much patience left to last the next few days, that thing releases the most putrid smells of all time" the Disgust king said.

"No, no think about the happiness that has yet to come," the joyful king grins 

"Not to mention, the queen, will she not be sad and heartbroken? We don't want that, do we?" The Sad king said, hugging his pillow.

The court went quiet, "well grief happens! We've lived through it all, we can throw it away and get a new one with the queen! Be more prepared for our next baby" the animosity king said. 

The crowd whispers, a bit convincing. 

"But that could break the little relations we have with the queen, did we not all agree that we will end this generational pain" the greedy king said. "We all agree we will parent this child so what is a little struggle compared to war?" 

The court went silent once more all agreed, then the king on the throne clapped his hand then stood. "Then it's agreed upon we shall not throw the baby, and aim for a successful family!" 

The king closes his eyes as he stands from the window ready to carry him to the bed, Enrique smiles seeing the picture of the perfect father and son. 

But soon the sunrise through the window shining upon them it was already the next day

A/n

How are you liking the ML?