chapter 34

Astolpho walks in the nursery to see the baby sleeping in a crib hugging the plushy he gave him, he smiles as he looks at the sleeping child features he picks him up gently and rests his head on his shoulder along with his toy. 

Astolpho hums as he gently walks with him to their bedroom, "I'll protect you, I'll give you a childhood, I give you love, don't worry Astello Leslie Raynier when you cry, I'll wipe your tears and cheer up, when you laugh I laugh with you, I'll teach you as you learn, I will do everything in my power to make sure your happy, your father promises".

Astello coos as he snuggles on his father's shoulder, Astolpho chuckles. 

Enrique looks at the door as it opens revealing Astolpho and his baby. He is ready to drop his food and run to hug his beloved child, but Astolpho puts his finger on his lip. 

Right, his baby is sleeping,  Astolpho then rests the sleeping child next to his mother.

Astolpho pauses, he looks at the tray, "um where is mine?" 

"Huh?" 

"Where is mine?" 

"Your what?" 

Astolpho was baffled, that was a two course meal! How can he devour it so quickly?! But then again that's his mate, "never mind"

Astolpho went and ordered the maids to carry three serving meals, and just as predicted his mate ate some of his then callasp off to sleep like a baby. 

The next day, Enrique was outside having lunch with Queen Dowager. Astolpho was happy the two of them were now in a pleasant relationship. 

"I know you make not approve of me touching Astello's stuff… but I recently saw one of the books you made… the little mermaid you call it?" The Queen Dowager touches her chin. "I'd like to ask if you don't mind, on Astello's first year on this earth may I be permitted to use you story and make a theatre act?" 

Enrique pauses, he looks at the Queen Dowager who is looking away nervously while slightly blushing. Enrique smiles with a bit of chuckling, "of course!" 

The Queen Dowager clears her throat, "of course! It's only natural that he experiences the best acts and performances. I'll invite many suitable royals. We shall have a grand first day IN FACT matching clothes for all of us!" She smiles 

Enrique smiles he agrees, "yes, playdates and nice toys sweetest cakes" 

(A/n: the baby is only 4 months 🥲) 

Enrique then paused, "Wait, if so then I'd like to be introduced to these actors, I have a musical I would like them to do" he said.

"Yes, I'll ordering the best actors and musicians from the Performer's Guild" 

Enrique wants to ask about the performer's Guild but something tells him it's common knowledge so he won't ask. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

Charmin looks through the window at the palace gates as Astolpho writes on the document, he then sighs and pauses. "Hanselius, I'm sure Mr. Ramius is safe" 

Charmin looks at him, "what do you mean your majesty?" 

"I may not have eyes at the back of my head but I see your anxiety from here" 

"I'm just looking outside" 

"And I'm not writing a document" Astolpho retorts.

Charmin almost growls but then looks back through the window, "I'm just so worried, his mindset worries me. I fear that dog will take advantage of him!"  He growls.

"In a sense he is an Alpha, if the physician reports this I can promise you he shall not get away" Astolpho said.

"That won't take away the damage," Charmin said almost bitterly.

Astolpho pauses then gets up, turning to him and leans across the desk facing him. "Are you angry at me?" He asks, almost amused.

"No your majesty but—" 

"What a very interesting answer, let me guess, I should have used my authority as king and dominant alpha of this kingdom to strip my subjects and servants of their right to choose whether to help or not in a situation that is not dire or in desperate need". Astolpho gave a sarcastic smile.😀 

Charmin was speechless, "..." 

"You realise how stupidly and overbearing that sounds right, Hanselius, you can be worried and have those nasty little intrusive thoughts in your head but don't let it get past that. All it shall be and remain thoughts kick them out" Astolpho said. 

Charmin sighs, "your right your majesty, it's just that I can't get him off my mind and the thought of him being with another alpha, just makes me want to go over there and yell his mind and mark him. These thoughts scares me very much" 

"Well they should," Astolpho wants to say he should go to church and check with the priest but he won't jump to conclusions. It could be an ordinary Alpha's thinking.

Charmin sighs looking through the window once more, but when he saw the familiar silhouette his former bad mood increases.

"Your majesty, may I be excused for a while?" 

Astolpho saw the excitement in his eyes then nods, "sure"