chapter 18

Walking inside the large and spacious building Enrique can't help but be mesmerised by its beauty and decoration.

"Wow, a lot of money must have gone into this, why is a church so luxurious?" Enrique asks.

"Well, the church has many functions. It's also a place where you can find your mate. You can stay here if you're homeless and it will aid you until you find accommodations on your own. It also takes care of children and works as a school for the young ones" Astolpho explains.

Enrique looks at him, in his world churches are somewhat like that but more tone down. There is Sunday school and you can't really use it as a homeless shelter. 

"The church must be popular," he said.

"Yes, though I'm not deep in the religious aspects, I do believe in the mother Goddess Hysteria. You can say I admire her will for peace but some things I don't like about her beliefs, otherwise from those she plays the mother role well" Astolpho smiles.

Enrique looks at him, he is on the atheist side but his mind is not close off to be curious about religion and mythology. He likes the story telling though. 

"Could you tell me more about what you like about her?" Enrique asks

"I like that she protects her people, gods cannot intervene in the lives of men but through her protection and the people's prayers Odessa has been blessed with flourishing crops and riches beyond imagination once a country that was desolate and forgotten listening to the prayers of the people who gathered escape from the Eathnam kingdom, birthed a land to protect the people and she said "give me love and I shall give you hope and prosperity as long as one person loves me I shall give you all my love". She stuck by her words, now within this country she is beloved." Astolpho stops when they now enter the main room where the pope stood on the podium.

"Your Majesty, king Astolpho Evaniya Raynier, it's a pleasure" the pope smiles.

"Certainly not mind," Astolpho gave a fake smile.

The pope puts his hand at his back walking towards them with a smile, Enrique looks at the pope carefully from top to bottom observing.

"Your majesty, you came on such a short notice why not make it an official event like your previous predecessors?" The pope smiles.

"They are previous for a reason, why would I put my child on display in front of thousands of people?" He asked rhetorically.

The pope nods, "I see, well I guess we shall proceed with the process" 

"Wait, you have yet to acknowledge my mate" Astolpho said, with his lip twitching.

The pope pauses for a minute then turns and looks at Enrique, he composes himself then slightly bows. "My apologies, your majesty" 

Enrique nods, "it's okay".

Actually for a moment he forgot he was here as well, he was so invested in the conversation. The pope nods "Well shall we go" 

The family nods as they follow the lead of the pope into a large open room, the nuns gather then bows.

"Greetings your majesties and holy ship"

"Has everything been prepared?" The pope asked 

"Yes," The nuns answered.

"Then we begin," the pope gently turned to Enrique and stretched his arms. "May I, your majesty?"

Enrique looked at his baby, he gave him a big kiss on his temple then hesitantly offered the baby. The pope smiles at the young baby.

"He's filled with life, he has a bright future ahead of him" the pope said.

"Yes, he does" 

Walking over to the tub that was placed on a table he gave the baby to a nun who changed the baby into white and gold garments then gave him back to the pope. 

"Your majesties hands" 

Astolpho gently takes Enrique's hand, as he slowly walks the table he then speaks in a low tone to Enrique. "The nun will deliver us a dagger from that dagger you shall prick my finger and drop a few droplets of blood into the water and I shall do the same" Astolpho explains gently.

Enrique smiles, it was a good thing he explained or he would be terrified and clueless.

Just as Astolpho had said a nun had offered the dagger then had their fingers pricked and droplets in the water. The pope puts the religious sign on the baby's chest, Astolpho took Enrique's pricked hands then sank it beneath the water bottom. Enrique looks at Astolpho confused but he smiles then mouths "trust me" then smiles.

Enrique felt a slight tickling feeling in his chest then the pope began. 

"Here is a union blessed by the holy mother and guardian of Odessa, from this union is a new blessing and spring of life given to us by the mother deity of this kingdom, Hysteria. May this child be blessed with happiness, prosperity and wisdom. May the mother Goddess bless and protect you for years to come, may you give hope to the the next generation to and shine light on their paths, praise from the mother Goddess Hysteria" 

The pope slowly and carefully sank the baby into the water until his entire face was engulfed, Enrique felt terrified and was ready to break loose but suddenly he felt his hand rasen from beneath the water raising the baby as well. It wasn't long that the baby spent underwater, 2 seconds at best but it was a terrifying two seconds. 

The pope smiles, taking the child and passing him into Enrique's arms. The pope rests his cross on the child's crown. "Welcome to our world, may the Goddess Hysteria protect you" 

For some strange reason he felt the pope was not only talking about his baby, but maybe he was reading too much into things. 

"Congratulations your majesties, he is a dominant omega" the pope smiles. "Shall I proceed with preparations on finding hi–" 

"No, that's all" 

The pope half opens his eyes, "your majesty, it's–" 

"I have spoken," Astolpho said sternly.

Enrique was confused by the change in his tone and wondered what's the matter. But he didn't ask in the end.

A/n

What do you think that was about?