chapter 26

Enrique looks at Astolpho who is sitting on the sofa as he plays with Leslie, he is still next to them as he cuts some scrap books to keep himself busy. There isn't much for him to do since Astolpho covers most of the work, he wants to help but that would mean he would be busy so this time as a maternity leave then work on royal duties. 

But for now he will make cute story books for his baby. Astolpho smiles as the little one grips on to his fingers then puts it in his mouth. He chuckles there was this slight tinge of red on his cheeks, Enrique notices something during his interactions with this man so then he asks.

"What was your childhood like?" Enrique asks.

Astolpho looks at him taken aback for a moment then looks at his child. "Hm? Why ask?" 

"Well, most stories I've read about royals tend to have bad backstories and plotting which leads them to grow up to become assholes with loafy personalities… you're not like that. Enrique said, feeling guilty about his previous assumptions of Astolpho.

Astolpho chuckles, he thinks Enrique's assumptions are quite cute, he chuckles. "You'd have to be a child to have a childhood, Enrique. I never was one" 

Enrique was silent, he looked aside a moment then back at him. He opens his mouth, "..."  he closes it back, unable to utter anything.

Astolpho sees that Enrique is in a complicated mood, and because his hands were confiscated by the little one he leans his head over and rests it on Enrique's shoulder.

"No need to worry, it's normal to be raised that way and don't worry our child will grow happy." He looks at the baby still playing with his finger, "what about you?" 

"I was raised with two other siblings" Enrique said, "My parents were silly…" 

Astolpho smiles as he listens to his beloved. 

Uther was at the doors with a suitcase and side bag when Charmin stopped him.

"Yes? Do you have a headache?" He asks.

"Do I need to be injured to want to see my friend?" Charmin asks.

Uther was surprised, "oh, I guess not" 

Charmin smiles, "let me escort you" 

Uther was baffled by the kindness Charmin shows, it's obvious he's after something but he didn't say anything as long as he didn't do anything that was okay.

Charmin looks around as he walks with Uther, "you should be careful, though he may have a clean reputation and a kind exterior he may be up to no good" he warns.

Uther chuckles a bit, "you an alpha is warning an omega about another alpha, I know how they are in the end they only want one thing as long as they don't mark me I'm okay" he said.

Charmin frowns, what does that mean? "You can't be serious. Can you mean to tell me if an alpha forces himself on you, you'd be okay as long as he doesn't mark you?" 

"The more you put up resistance the more they see it as a challenge and the more excited they get, in the end I'm an omega a recessive at that, it's better to just give them what they want and be done with it" 

Charmin feels a bit of anger building up, he then puts his hands into his chest pockets, and takes out something he takes the unphase omegas hand then opens his palm placing something inside.

"Uther Ramius, you shall resist those bastards no matter what you are a human being with self respect and love. No one should treat you otherwise" Charmin lectures. "This a crystal imbued with mana it electrifies the enemy as well as teleports his host, I've given it to you so if some tries anything, burn them to a crisp" he orders protectively.

Uther wonders if this man is trying to get him executed, "wha…" 

"Don't worry, if they try to blame you my family Crest is on so this will let them think you're my partner. You can use it as an excuse" 

Uther was confused, why is he doing so much if he wants to sleep with him he can say it. But since he offers this could do him some good. 

"Thank you" 

"No need, we are friends and lunch partners aren't we?" 

Uther smiles, "yes".

A/n

What dud Astolpho means when he said you have to be a child to have a childhood?

I love this twink

I love this twink