chapter 36

The Queen Dowager looks at Enrique, her face wearing a stern and serious expression. Enrique wonders what's the matter. 

"Is something wrong mother?" 

"Yes! These songs are scandalous!" She informs him.

Enrique was confused, "scandalous?" 

She bit her lips and showed the paper to him, her eyes were a bit teary. "I know I was rude to you but I'm genuinely sorry about what I've done to offend you" 

Enrique is confused; he takes the paper and looks at him, before he could say anything she had already left the room. 

"I–" 

Enrique was really not angry and it was a misunderstanding. He was just curious on how these people would do a musical on this but it turns out this song was offensive to her. He can't ask the maker since Astolpho was the only one who knew he was an other worlder.

After feeding breakfast to his little baby later on around lunch he decided to visit Astolpho at his office, entering he could see his husband was stacked with papers.

"Astolpho…" 

Astolpho looks up from the desk then smiles and stretches out his arms to take the baby. 

"Your highness, Enrique"

Astolpho kisses the cheek of Leslie who was sucking his fist while looking at the table. Astolpho looks up at Enrique and immediately could tell something is off. "Enrique, is there a problem that I could help with?" 

"Well, how do I say it or rather" 

Enrique takes out the paper from his pocket then offers it to Astolpho who looks at it, "well this was supposed to be a show but I offended my mother in law" he said awkwardly.

"I'm guessing such scandals don't happen in your world?" 

"Well, this is a song making fun of Henry the 6th I believe?" Enrique guessed.

"You make fun of history?" Astolpho asks intrigued, "well, this song tells the story from the mistress perspective" 

"It was one of his six wives" 

"6?!?" Astolpho asks astonished, "to have two spouse is already bad but six Odessa despises polygamy" 

"It's illegal in most countries that I know of," he said.

"It's technically not illegal here, on topic based on the lyrics this is a mistress brought in a palace with wife and wants to replace her" 

"She technically sorta did?" Enrique grins awkwardly… 

Astolpho sighs and puts the paper on the table then taps it, "this narrative fits my father's story almost completely," 

 Enrique feels bad. "What? Your moms a mistress?!" 

"What? No, no, my father brought in a mistress and locked away my mother… I first met her at 14" 

Enrique feels terrible, really terrible. It was supposed to be a joke. 

"But what about that destined lover bull crap?!" 

" "Henry goes mental" that precisely describes what happens to him, he tries to fight destiny and it drives him; he couldn't take it anymore and he ends it. I don't want to become like that" Astolpho said solemnly. He then looks into his child's glossy eyes, "I don't want him to lose his mind either".

Enrique bites his lips, that was what happened to his son in the book he lost his mind he went obsessed and wanted to kill the protagonist and love interest.

"I want to apologise!" 

Astolpho nods, "just talk with her I'm sure she will come to understand she isn't unreasonable though stubborn" 

"Ba! Gugugu agu buuu" 

Astolpho looks down at the prince, "I have no idea what your saying" 

The young prince held onto Astolpho's bottom lip then tried to put his other hand in his mouth.

"Leslie, no, that's dirty!" Enrique said out loud.

When Enrique realizes what he just said it was already too late and Astolpho was already looking at him. This was accidental as it was something he became accustomed to saying as the baby was already in the stage of grabbing anything in his reach from hair to earrings to random stuff.

"I didn't mean it that way, I swear" Enrique laughs guilty.

"..." 

Astolpho says nothing and just stares, Enrique feels awkward sweat down his cheek but he quickly takes his baby and dash out the door. 

.

.

.

.

Charmin enters the room with a tray in his hand Uther's eyes wander toward him, he closes the book as Charmin rests the tray on the table.

"Should you not be with his majesty the king?" Uther asks 

"I'm on my break, is there a problem?" Charmin asks 

"Well, I want to ask a curious question," he said.

Charmin smiles as he sits next to Uther and carefully serves tea, "yes?" 

"Would you date a recessive omega? I know you're a high standing noble so I highly doubt you you would but I'm curious" 

Charmin wonders I'd Uther was interested in him, he smiles gently. "I would, the mother Goddess doesn't discriminate against the love she gives. Why should I?" 

Uther nods at the pleasing answer, "Duke Britley ask me out on a date"

Charmin pause then looks at him, "did you accept?" 

"I am not sure honestly, so I told him I'll think about it. He is handsome, charming and intelligent" Uther said contemplating, "it seems like an offer no one would turn down besides if I cou–"  Uther pauses then then chuckles and smiles. "I'm going to say yes"