chapter 14

Out In the garden Enrique smiles as he looks at the king who was looking at the baby.

"I've already prepared garments for tomorrow," he said firmly. 

"Right the baptism" Enrique said.

"Though I'm certainly not looking forward to seeing your family" 

"Excuse me?" Enrique asks

"You have…. Invited them haven't you" 

Enrique avoids eye contact 'was that also a requirement' 

The king touches his lips then smiles. "Then I guess we will go without them just us" 

"What about your family?" 

"Won't be attending," he said, drinking from the cup. 

Enrique feels that another thing he might want to fix is this family, the king seems to hate his in- laws and family. 

He smiles while taking a bite of the sandwich as his eyes sparkle. He sucks the fingertips and thumbs as the juices from the well cooked meat drips on his fingers, he looks up to see the king staring at him and realises that Now they had two different sets of sandwiches. His was more meaty and juices resembling a burger and the king was like a midnight snack. Not to mention his was large and the king's was medium small. 

Enrique looks away feeling conscious, he then looks down to see the baby staring at the side of his mouth drooling. 

Enrique wonders why he is staring? He doesn't have any teeth!!

The king chuckles, "what an appetising looking meal" he compliments.

"I'm not sharing," Enrique replies with sharp eyes.

The king pauses then blinks twice, "I didn't ask" 

"Then why are you staring?" 

"Because it looks appetising" 

"And I said I'm not sharing," Enrique said sternly.

"..." the king felt confused but sighed and closed his eyes admitting defeat to whatever battle he was fighting. "Fine you will not be sharing" 

Enrique smiles as he goes back to biting the sandwich, the king leans his elbow against the table as he watches the queen happily eat his sandwich.

'Cute' 

The king subconsciously licks the side of his lips looking at the queen eating, soon the baby who was staring at Enrique's eyes begins to shake then…

"WOAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!"

The king looks at the side into the stroller then takes up the young baby in his arms. 

"How is a creature so small as you make such a loud noise?" the king said, trying to hush the weeping child.

The baby was looking at Enrique crying loudly, Enrique looked at the baby looking at him then looked back at him looking back at him.

Enrique puts the sandwich to bite again but the crying just gets louder, he puts it aways as the child quiets down but the moment he puts it back near his mouth he gets louder.

Enrique feels offended he puts the sandwich down then points. "You're being unfair, no one cries when you eat!!"

This led the little prince to wail uncontrollably, the king felt ansy as he took his toy from the stroller to help him calm down. Enrique feels guilty and walks over to the king.

"Give him to me" he asks, sighing.

The king looks at him, "you have not finish your lunch, no need to I'll take care of him" 

"No worries, you haven't done yours besides we are a team" Enrique said, taking the baby from his arms.

"But you have him for most part of the day I believe it is only fair I let you enjoy lunch" 

"Even if you want that, little Leslie doesn't, hehe" Enrique chuckles.

The king smiles and chuckles, but pauses when he sees the queen pulling his shirt he glares at the guards surrounding them who looks away.

"Why do you sit while you feed, it must be uncomfortable standing," the king offers 

"Right I wi–" 

Enrique was surprised when the king took him in his lap to sit. Processing it he blushes realising he is sitting in the king's lap quite comfortably as the little prince breastfeeds. 

He blushes and realises how close their faces are, the king rests the side of his head on his chest, shushing him gently in his lap.

"Is it not more comfortable this way?" The king said smoothly.

Enrique was in awe, it's not about comfort it's about the fact he might go blind if he looks up. His baby was beautiful but his baby looks like him. He was breathtakingly beautiful of course but this king possesses a beauty that should be behind blindfolds. The forbidden essence. 

Though his son was beautiful, the fact that he saw his squishy and ugly appearance since birth kinda made him immune but to him his baby was the most beautiful in the world but objectively speaking. The king was shiny.

Soon Enrique looks down to a cooing child sleeping while still attached to his nipple.

"So cute, teehee!" 

A/n

How do you like the mc?