chapter 38

Evening came down and it was time for dinner, Enrique looked around the table awkwardly feeling the suffocating air. All he asked for was a lovely family but why did the air feel so chilling. 

"Baba, bububuuu" 

Hyacinth looks at Astolpho smiling brightly, "your majesty, I heard that guests from the kingdom of Athanasia will be visiting. I was wond–" 

"Oh my!" 

Everyone looks at the Queen Dowager, "Excuse me it seems that I have bit my tongue, so careless of me" 

Hyacinth didn't say anything but looks at Astolpho, who then said, "continue" 

"I was wonder—" 

"ABUUU BUBUBU!!" The young Leslie knocks over the bowl with baby food

Astolpho's attention immediately turns to the baby who upon seeing there was no food, eyes started to shake. "Astel," 

"WAAAAAAH" 

Astolpho was ready to raise when Enrique stops him and got up, "Don't worry, I can handle this, bring me more baby food" 

Enrique takes the baby in his arms and smiles as he calms down, Astolpho looks at Leslie with a soft smile as Cerillio looks at him.

"Brother you've changed" 

"Cerillio" Hyacinth said in a warning tone.

Cerillio raises his hand with closed eyes and a soft yet cold smile he then looks at Cerillio.

"You mean?" Astolpho asks

"Since when did you ever show interest in Queen Ishley? It's no news you neglected him, is it because he finally bore your child?" 

Astolpho is quiet, he looks at him, Enrique looks at him. 'Isn't that too much even for a brother?' 

Cerillio grins but was taken aback when Astolpho smiles, "I don't you tell me" 

Cerillio smiles widened, "before you never had dinner, now you have dinner, you never stroll now you stroll you never smile at your wife now you smile. Most of all you still have yet to mark his majesty… makes me wonder if you truly love your spouse" 

The Queen Dowager slams the cup on the table startling everyone, "you–" 

"Mother, please" 

Enrique looks at him, wondering why he stopped her. Does he not love him? Maybe it's too rushed to call it love but Enrique was sure of his feelings for Astolpho. He feels most safe around him, he likes listening to him as well as having a discussion, he likes that Astolpho is open-minded and down for change he likes taking care of their baby together and spending time.

"Your right brother, I have changed, I don't love my wife" 

The room looks at him in astonishment, Enrique's heart skips a beat until Astolpho turns to him and goes close up, he covers the baby's eyes and kisses Enrique. The entire room blushes including Enrique.

"It's not something that can be explained by simple words like love, it's so strong and so passionate an unexplainable connection that I can't get enough, you say I only show interest until our child, he us an embodiment of both our feelings come together, should I not cherish them, it's passion as well as obsession to mark my wife I have injured my wife but each time that thought crosses my mind it hurts me, I will eventually cross that road but do you think I need a mark to simple mark to prove my feelings alone" Astolpho smiles, "but I don't expect it's something you'll ever understand, after if it seems your family lineage have nasty habit of following the behaviours of dogs sticking your nose where it doesn't belong" 

Astolpho then looks at the mistress, "and whoring around, when the visitor's of Elestine visits you shall accommodate him back to their kingdom you shall oversee them and you shall do a great job considering, any negligence or mistreatment shall be punished and treated accordingly… even if you are apart of my bloodline" 

"Astolpho!" Cerillio yells.

"Your majesty to you, um beloved why don't you exit the room for now, Astel is looking quite sleepy" 

"Huh? But–" 

Astolpho smiles, Enrique nods, then takes a table napkin with him. Astolpho eases up from the table and gives Enrique one last gentle kiss on the lips and one on Leslie's messy cheek.

"Mother, I think you too should go" 

The Queen Dowager was confused but looking at her son's expression she nodded.

"Well, have a good night and… don't suffocate them" 

"I will not, just a small discussion" 

Enrique and the empress left the room and Astolpho looked at the two, soon a thick coated essence spread through the room causing even the betas to bow and yield. Cerillio drops to the table with sweat running down his face at the forceful essence.

"You've been tampering with the law I set, are you defying me brother, lady Heden-hi?" 

"It's just some silly omegas," Cerillio said.

"Cerillio!!" 

"Oh really? You're this close to losing credibility as alpha, just one mishap one report away from crippling punishment is that what you want?" 

"I didn't rape any omega!" Cerillio defends himself, "they are looking to set me up!"

"Yet" Astolpho adds, "so before that yet happens Brother I'll reform," 

Cerillio grits his teeth, life is unfair.