chapter 25

"Unfortunate isn't it?" 

"Huh?" 

"An omega, dominant or recessive, we suffer either way. This mating is completely unfair to us as the weaker side" she said looking at Leslie.

Enrique slowly walks up to her, "what are yo–" 

"So small, so innocent isn't he? Why did he have to be an omega? Pitiful" 

Enrique looked at her, he recognized her type anywhere. Enrique clicks his tongue then walks over and takes his baby. 

"He is not Pitiful, he has loving parents who support him daily and love him regardless of his gender or biology" Enrique emphasises. "Don't patronise my son"

The Queen Dowager stands, "what is this? You're foolish! It seems that you are too sheltered that you forget the cruel reality that exists for omegas!" 

"And you think dehumanising their existence as something pitiful and helpless helps?! My son will grow up strong and wise!" 

"Foolish! As soon as you have an alpha son that boy will be thrown aside like the rest of us omega" 

"First born first serve, boy, girl, alpha, omega, beta. As long as they are the first born my son will inherit the throne with the only circumstances being if he doesn't want it!" Enrique yells back.

The Queen Dowager rises from her feet with an angry frown as she holds the hems of her dress marching facing Enrique. "With whose power and authority?! I am the empress Dowager mother of the king!" 

"Woman, aren't you embarrassed at yourself! Your son is a grown man! Why don't you let him live his life!" 

"I've given him the best opportunity in life! Just so he doesn't have to repeat the same history of his father so his son doesn't suffer!" 

"But what you are suggesting is suffocating like your presence!" 

"You dare!" 

"I do dare!" 

Seeing the back and forth between the adults, Leslie soon cried out, causing the argument to abruptly stop.

"WAAAAAAH!!!" 

"Ah, oh no, no, no," 

Enrique puts him over his shoulder trying to hush him, but he won't calm down. Enrique went to the crib to search for the plushy but it wasn’t there. He turns to the nanny. 

"Where is his plushy?" Enrique asks 

"Well, your majesty, her royal highness…" 

"This thing?"

She takes the mini Enrique plushy and gives it to him, he takes it then goes into the sofa and starts playing with it.

"Don't worry, mommy is here, see, look at the plushy, you like this plushy right?"

When Leslie pauses, and opens his dowy eyes sniffing. He slowly begins to calm down as he extends his hands to the toy, Enrique pulls his necktie and slowly removes clothes putting the baby to breastfeed while playing with plushy.  Enrique turns to the Queen Dowager.

"Haven't you left yet?" 

"You dare talk to me in such a manner?!"

"OUT!! Escort her out!!" 

She bit her lips as she turned away, "preposterous!" 

She left the room slamming it behind her. Enrique didn't care for her and simply turned his attention back to the baby who immediately fell back asleep. That's it he will not let that woman around his baby!

The nanny turns to him then at 90 degrees, "I'm sorry your majesty… but the queen didn't wake him" the nanny informs.

"Then why is he awake? he hasn't been sleeping for a long time" Enrique asks, still irritated.

"Well, in truth she came in the room and I was very nervous and accidentally dropped the baby's lamp" the nanny pointed to the corner where the shatter lamp was.

Enrique looks at the shattered lamp on the floor bitterly, "then why didn't she say anything?" 

Enrique feels bad about it and wants to apologise. 

"I don't know, but I'm very sorry. I wish I had spoken up earlier but… it's not appropriate for me, a servant to…" she continues.

Enrique gets it, this is a world with hierarchy after all if he had learned anything about being here is that never overstep one's boundaries. And interrupting a 'Royal' argument is asking for trouble. But still he didn't like how the queen Dowager belittled his child existence which made him feel unwilling to apologise but he in the end he falsely accused for that he will apologise and only that.

"I understand," 

"I'm really sorry your majesty, I should be punished," the nanny said.

"No, it's okay" 

Later that evening when Astolpho enters the room, he looks at Enrique.

"Queen?" 

"I want to apologise to your mother, but I don't want to" 

"Did she upset you in some sort of way, or is it the other way around?" Astolpho asks.

"Do you believe It's unfortunate that our son is an omega?" 

Astolpho's eyes widens but darkens with melancholy as if he already knew where this is heading.

"You must understand that customs here are quite different from your homeland, I don't believe it's unfortunate but I believe it will be harder for our son to sit upon the throne than Alpha which will say a lot," Astolpho said.

"So if we were to have an alpha you'd remove Leslie?" 

"No, unless he is deemed unfit in the end even if we do not like it we are entering a new change in time, if there was a way I'd free most Raynier from the shackle that's cast upon them but that would be blasphemy" Astolpho explains.

Enrique was silent, it's true he's an alien to this world but still… 

Seeing Enrique's tired expression he walks up to Enrique and hugs him, "Don't worry, isn't it the job of a parent to raise their child to be the best they can?" 

Enrique smiles, then releases from the hug. 

A/n

I'm feeling better guys.

Played a multi killing game with my sis and bf today

I think they have a lot of things they want to say to me...

Lol
My sis: professional gun user
Bf: professional trap setter and bomb users
Me: suicide bomber 🥲😭

They're both Sargeants and I'm private😭😭😖😖