POA 13

Harry and Ron set off up the High Street, Harry under the cloak.

"Where are you?" Ron kept muttering out of the corner of his mouth. "Are you still there?This feels weird"

"You look nuts talking to yourself" Ginny laughs at her brother.

They climbed a slope to visit the Shrieking Shack. It stood a little way above the rest of the village, and even in daylight was slightly creepy, with its boarded windows and dank overgrown garden.

"Even the Hogwarts ghosts avoid it," Ron said as they leaned on the fence, looking up at it.

"Rory doesn't" Fabian Prewett said smirking at her.

"I asked Nearly Headless Nick he says he's heard a very rough crowd live here. No one can get in. Fred and George tried, obviously, but all the entrances are sealed shut"

"They never tried Ron, they weren't really interested in it" Rory tells him.

They heard voices nearby. Someone was climbing towards the house from the other side of the hill, moments later, Malfoy had appeared, followed closely by Crabbe and Goyle.

"Oh look its Crabbe and Goyle Jr" Barty Crouch Jr laughs.

Malfoy was speaking.

"should have an owl from Father any time now. He had to go to the hearing to tell them about my arm about how I couldn't use it for three months" Crabbe and Goyle sniggered. "I really wish I could hear that great hairy moron trying to defend himself 'There's no 'arm in 'im , 'onest -' that Hippogriff's as good as dead"

"You're so lucky I didn't hear about this Malfoy" Rory glared at him making him shrink into his seat a bit.

"I'm quite thankful of that to be honest" He muttered.

Malfoy suddenly caught sight of Ron. His pale face split in a malevolent grin.

"What are you doing, Weasley?" Malfoy looked up at the crumbling house behind Ron. "Suppose you'd love to live here, wouldn't you, Weasley? Dreaming about having your own bedroom? I heard your family all sleep in one room is that true?"

"Draco" Narcissa started.

"Lucius" Rory told her.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy, who do you think you are talking about someone else like that. I'm certain I never raised you that way"

"No mum you didn't. I'm sorry" Narcissa looks at Lucius.

"This is you, I swear you better be better this time around or I'm leaving"

Harry seized the back of Ron's robes to stop him leaping on Malfoy.

"Leave him to me," he hissed in Ron's ear. Harry crept silently around behind Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle, bent down and scooped a large handful of mud out of the path.

"We were just discussing your friend Hagrid," Malfoy said to Ron. "Just trying to imagine what he's saying to the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures. D'you think he'll cry when they cut off his Hippogriff's" SPLAT! Malfoy's head jerked forwards as the mud hit him; his silver-blond hair was suddenly dripping in
muck. "What the?"

The hall broke out in laughter as Draco hid his face.

"I call that karma" Ginny said grinning.

Ron had to hold onto the fence to keep himself standing, he was laughing so hard. Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle spun stupidly on the spot, staring wildly around, Malfoy trying to wipe his hair clean.