OOTP 25

"This bits a bit confusing so we're going to explain it" Hermione says looking at Harry.

"There's an in-between  sort of place. It's when you're between life and death so everything that happens there is real" 

Rory wakes to a bright room that she doesn't recognise. Turning her head she sees two people sat beside her.

"Mum, dad" She whispers as they both look at her. She sits up looking.

"Aurora" Lily says as she wraps her arms around Rory whilst James places his hand on her shoulder.

"Am I dead" they both smile at her.

"No. You used a lot of power trying to save Sirius and your body needs time to repair itself" Sirius walks in as Lily finishes talking. Rory stands quickly running to him as he wraps his arms around her.

"I'm so sorry Pads I tried, I really did. I never wanted you to die" he strokes the back her head.

"It wasn't your fault little wolf. I wasn't going to let you die for me"

"But you didn't deserve to die it was our fault, you shouldn't of been there"

"I would do it again in a heartbeat. Making sure you and Harry are safe is all I ever cared about. And now I'm back with my best friend and eventually we'll all be together again but not for a long, long time" he says smiling at James.

James and Sirius smile at each other.

"Rory. You can't blame yourself" James says walking over to her, Rory pulls away from Sirius and wraps her arms around him as he pulls her to him.

"I've missed you" She whispers into his chest, his arms wrapped tightly around her.

"We're always with you baby I promise you're never alone" he says as Lily stands next to him. Rory pulls away from him slightly looking between her parents and Sirius.

"I don't want to go back. I want to stay with you"

"You'll see us again when you're older and you've had a life but not now you've still got so much to live for baby girl. Plus Harry and Remus still need you and what about Charlie imagine what you dying will do to them" Lily says taking Rory's hand in hers leading her out of the room and down to the living room to sit on the sofa. Lily sits one side of Rory whilst James sits the other and Sirius sits in the chair opposite Rory.

"Your mums right Aurora, you're still needed and we'll be here when the time finally comes" James says smiling at her.

"I definitely still needed you" Charlie whispers to Rory as she places a kiss on his cheek.

"This next bit is 3 days after the fight in the Ministry" Hermione says before turning back to the screen.

"Come on Wolf" Remus says sitting beside an unconscious Rory. His eyes red and puffy from the loss of his last friend as he looks at his god daughter.

"Why isn't she waking up" Harry asks looking at his sister.

Lily looks at her daughter with tears in her eyes as James wraps his arms around her. Rory rests her head against Charlies chest as he tightens his grip on her.

"I don't know"

"We have to tell her Sirius didn't make it when she wakes up. How are we going to do that" Harry says tears in his eyes.

"I'll do it" Remus gives Harry a small smile "Harry go get some sleep, I'll stay with her"

"I can't leave her" Harry tries to hold back the tears at the thought of losing his only remaining family because he believed Voldemort. Remus stands walking over to Harry before placing a hand on his shoulder.