DH 13

The door opens.

"Get in" an unfamiliar voice says as someone else is thrown in as the door gets shut again. Rory slowly manages to stand ignoring the pain as she makes her way over with Mr Ollivander to see who it was.

"Luna" Rory says as she spots her.

"Aurora is that you" Luna smiles at her "You're okay"

"No not okay" James says looking at his daughter who sends him a small smile.

"Define okay" Rory says barely above a whisper "what happened, why are you here"

"The took me as leverage to get daddy to do what they want"

"Oh Luna"

"I'm okay"

"What month is it Luna"

"December"

"December, December wasn't you taken in August" Remus asks looking at his goddaughter who just nods.

"Oh god I've been here for 5 months. Do you know if Charlie's okay and the others"

"You asked about me" Charlie says, his voice quiet.

"Of course I did, you're my life Charlie" He smiled at her.

"And you're mine" 

"He's okay, him and some of the others do a radio show trying to keep people updated whilst trying to find out anything about you. You get mentioned every week" Rorys smile knowing he's okay just as Wormtail appears.

By day Harry and Hermione devoted themselves to trying to determine the possible locations of Gryffindor's sword, but the more they talked about the places in which Dumbledore might have hidden it, the more desperate and far-fetched their speculation became. 

"Hermione?" 

"Hmm?" She was curled up in one of the sagging armchairs with The Tales of Beedle the Bard. 

"Hermione, I've been thinking, and" 

"Harry, could you help me with something?" Apparently she had not been listening to him. She leaned forward and held out The Tales of Beedle the Bard. "Look at the symbol." She said, pointing to the top of a page. Above what Harry the title of the story there was a picture of what looked like a triangular eye, its pupil crossed with a vertical line. 

"I never took Ancient Runes, Hermione" 

"I know that, but it isn't a rune and it's not in the syllabary, either. All along I thought it was a picture of an eye, but I don't think it is! It's been inked in, look, somebody's drawn it there, it isn't really part of the book. Think, have you ever seen it before?" 

"No No, wait a moment." Harry looked closer. "Isn't it the same symbol Luna's dad was wearing around his neck?" 

"Well, that's what I thought too!" 

"Then it's Grindelwald's mark" She stared at him, open mouthed.

"What?"

"Krum told me"

"Grindelwald's mark?" She looked from Harry to the weird symbol and back again. "I've never heard that Grindelwald had a mark. There's no mention of it in anything I've read about him."

"Well, like I say, Krum reckoned that symbol was carved on a wall at Durmstrang, and Grindelwald put it there." She fell back into the old armchair, frowning.