GOF 7

Hermione and Ginny both fall asleep in the same bed as Ginny was still slightly scared from the nights events. Rory sits on the bed with Charlie sat next to her.

"Nova get some sleep"

"I can't Charlie"

"Talk to me Nova. What's on your mind"

"He really gets you doesn't he" Remus says looking at Rory sadly, she nods before hiding her face in James side again.

"I've seen that Mark before. Thirteen years ago. I've never been able to forget it. You-know-who made it the moment he killed my dad before he went to kill my mum and Harry. It was just there above our house, Moony tried to stop me seeing it but he didn't react quick enough" he wipes the tears off her cheek.

"No" Lily says shocked.

"I never knew that Rory" Harry said looking at her, her face still buried in James' side. James wraps his arms around her tightly.

"Why didn't you say something before"

"Same reason I never do. I was protecting Harry. He doesn't need to know any of this he doesn't remember anything only what he's been told and that detail was left out" She looks up at him "I want it to stop Charlie. The nightmares, the fear, everything it's too much" He wraps his arms around her pulling her to him.

"It's going to be okay Nova. Eventually everything will be okay you just need to give it time and also stop hiding it from everyone. If you keep hiding it eventually you're going to explode. It's not your job to protect everyone around you including Harry all the time, you need to think about yourself as well"

"He's right Rory" Harry says looking at his sister.

"I just wish it was okay now. I hate never feeling safe"

"I know, we'll get there eventually we just need to be patent. Now try and get some sleep"

"I'll sleep when we get back to the Burrow I feel safer there. You should get some sleep now though"

"Fine but you will be taking a sleeping potion the moment we get back and you will be getting some sleep whether you like it or not"

"Deal now get your butt in that bed and sleep"

"Okay goodnight Nova"

"Night Charlie" It doesn't take long for Charlies to fall asleep as Rory grabs her book and continues reading. Mr. Weasley comes in after only a few hours sleep to wake everyone. Once everyone's up and packed he uses magic to pack up the tents, and we leave the campsite as quickly as possible, passing Mr. Roberts at the door of his cottage. Mr. Roberts had a strange, dazed look about him, and he waved them off with a vague

"Merry Christmas."

"He'll be all right," Mr. Weasley said quietly as they marched off onto the moor. "Sometimes, when a person's memory's modified, it makes him a bit disorientated for a while and that was a big thing they had to make him forget." Mr. Weasley had a hurried discussion with Basil before they joined the queue, and were able to take an old rubber tire back to Stoatshead Hill before the sun had really risen. They walked back through Ottery St. Catchpole and up the damp lane toward the Burrow in the dawn light, talking very little because everyone was so exhausted. As they rounded the corner and the Burrow came into view, a cry echoed along the lane.

"Oh thank goodness, thank goodness!" Mrs. Weasley, who had evidently been waiting for them in the front yard, came running toward them followed by Remus and Sirius, still wearing her bedroom slippers, her face pale and strained, a rolled-up copy of the Daily Prophet clutched in her hand. "Arthur - I've been so worried - so worried-" She flung her arms around Mr. Weasley's neck, and the Daily Prophet fell out of her limp hand onto the ground. Remus run's to Rory pulling her into his arms as Sirius does the same to Harry.