GOF 1

After breakfast everyone sat down again to watch the next year of the future generations lives. Rory sat between James and Remus again, leaning against James side as he wrapped his arm around his daughter. James hadn't told anyone about what Rory had told him the night before.

Rory looks at Harry who is laid flat on his back, his breathing hard as though he had been running, his hands pressed over his face. He sat up his hand still over his scar as his other hand reached for his glasses.

"You okay Harry" She asks looking up from her book.

"Just a dream. Why aren't you asleep?"

"Just couldn't sleep. Did you want to talk about the dream. I'm here if you do"

"It was nothing, don't worry about it. But just so you know I'm here for you as well, you can talk to me if theres anything on your mind you know that right" His eyes meet hers.

"I know Harry. That's what siblings are for" She stands up and walks over to his bed as he moves over making room for her. She lays next to him wrapping her arms around him.

"I love you Ror. I'm glad you're my sister" She smiles at him.

"I love you too and I wouldn't want anyone other than you as a brother"

"You two are too cute" Marlene squeals.

As soon as Harry had drifted back off to sleep Rory stood up and crossed to the window opening the curtains to look at the street below. Privet Drive looked exactly as a respectable suburban street would be expected to look in the early hours of Saturday morning. All the curtains were closed. There wasn't a living creature in sight, not even a cat. She walked back over to her bed and took out a piece of parchment writing 2 letters before attaching both letter's to her owls leg and taking her to the window.

"Go to Sirius first them Remus" She tells the owl as she opens the window, she gives the owls head a little stroke. "Don't forget we'll be at the Weasley's when you return so go there" The owl hoots slightly before taking flight out of the window. Rory laid there trying to sleep until the sunrise slowly crept into the room. Finally, when the sun had risen, when the bedroom walls had turned gold and when sounds of movement could be heard from Vernon and Petunia's room she gave up with trying to sleep and got out of bed grabbing a pair of ripped jeans and an oversized black hoody along with some hair clips and a brush before heading to the bathroom. After getting dressed she brushed her waist length hair before moving it all to covering her neck as best as possible clipping it in place.

"I never realised how long your hair was" Ginny says looking at Rory's hair.

With the help of the hoody and her hair she manageds to hide the scar's on her neck before heading back to hers and Harry's room sitting back on her bed and picking up a book again as Harry starts to stir.

"Morning Harold" She smiles at him.

"Morning Rory and my names not Harold" He says in a still sleepy voice before grabbing his glasses and looking at her "How long have you been awake"

"Only about half an hour. Got woke up when Petunia and Vernon walked downstairs, you know how not quiet they are"

"How long has the sleeping issues been going on" Lily asks looking at her daughter.

"On and off since I was 16"

"Yeah they don't really care about waking others up"

By the time Harry and Rory had arrived in the kitchen, the three Dursleys were already seated around the table. None of them looked up as they entered or sat down. Vernon's large red face was hidden behind the morning's Daily Mail, and Petunia was cutting grapefruits into quarters, her lips pursed over her horselike teeth. Dudley looked furious and sulky, and somehow seemed to be taking up even more space than usual. Petunia put a quarter of unsweetened grapefruit onto Dudley's plate.