7. What A Spectacle!

"Pardon?!" Felix gasped as I told him what I wanted him to do.

"Yes."

"B-But, My Princess, how could I-"

"I'm asking you this because I trust you and your skills. Felix." I said looking right into his eyes keeping my posture relaxed, mimicking Claude to be precise.

"B-But, His Majesty-"

"We will train at this time and Dad shouldn't know of this," I said gesturing at the darkness around us. It was just close to midnight. I didn't know what Claude's reaction would be to my wish of learning swordfighting from Felix but I didn't want to test him.

"Bu-But still..."

"Are you refusing me?" I asked putting intimidation in my eyes and words. He flinched at that.

Now, I was sure, he saw Claude through me; my personality and my eyes were an exact copy of Claude.

"I... Alright, Princess." He gave in.

"Let's start from tomorrow." I said and he sighed.

"Alright, but, considering that you are still young so your training will only be for three days in a week." He said and I shrugged my shoulders.

"What days?"

"Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays." He said and I nodded.

"Okay, and while we train, address me casually since I will be your pupil." I said and he seemed like he'd refuse but one glare for me and he swallowed his words.

"As you say, Princess." I smirked.

The next day being Wednesday, I and Felix trained, he was surprised to see my makeshift sword.

"Did you make this?" He asked and I nodded.

"I know, this is quite inadequate yet, I've been training with this for two years."

"Pardon? Two years?" He gasped and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Let's start?" I asked and he sighed before he fell into stance.

Currently, we were training in the training grounds since it was night time and Felix had removed the knights and guards from the vicinity.

"Your stance is perfect, Pri- Ara." Felix said.

"I have been observing you and your boys' training for two years. I tried to copy on my own but I was lacking." I admitted and he stared at me for a moment.

"Princess..."

"Don't get emotional and start the lesson!" I snapped and his expression grew serious.

"Okay, Princess Amara."

With that we started our very first lesson. I was surprisingly able to keep up considering Felix was quite fast but even his teaching skills were admirable. He was shocked to know that I had the basics already down.

We trained for two hours before calling it a night.

"I am surprised, Princess. You will make a very strong knight in future." He said with a smile and I shook my head.

"I'm not doing it for a title, Felix." I said as he escorted me back to Ruby palace.

"Then?"

"I'm doing it to grow strong enough to protect Athy and Dad." I said and he fell silent.

"I really admire your dedication and love for your family, Princess."

"Those two are the only reasons why I am living. I don't want to lose them because of my shortcomings." I said and he stopped in his tracks while I kept walking.