50. I Think I'll Die Soon.

Ara was in the garden with Athy beside her, they were waiting for Jeanette and Ara was starting to zone out. She still couldn't wrap her head around what Lucas had said to her early in the morning. Had he really said that or did she imagine it? Or did she dream of it?

But besides that, he should know that there were less chances of her survival, the curse on her was as good as a terminal illness. It was eating her away and even if she wouldn't tell Claude or Athy about her condition it was obvious that she was getting weaker.

The dream was still in her mind, it was horrid and Ara couldn't help but have a feeling that she would face death today.

"What's wrong, Ara?" Athy asked.

"I think I'll die soon." Ara mumbled absentmindedly.

Athy gasped and gripped Ara's arm jerking her to face herself.

"What did you say?!" Ara suddenly realized what she had said.

"Oh, sorry... I was actually going to ask you something else."

"Ara, what did you mean?!"

"Lucas said he likes me." This made Athy's eyes go even more wide.

"He what?!"

"Who said to you what?" Both Ara and Athy flinched as they heard the third voice.

"Nothing." Ara and Athy spoke in unison looking at Claude who didn't look like he'd heard what Ara had just said.

Claude came and sat down near Ara making the two girls look at each other.

"She's late today." Claude said and Ara breathed in deeply.

"Ara... Are you feeling unwell?" Claude asked.

"I'll be honest with you two for once today." She started as she placed her hands at her thighs.

"I'm dying."

"Don-"

"Let me finish, please." Ara spoke coldly making the two go quiet.

"I have a really bad feeling for today... something might happen so, I want one thing from you two..." She faced the two of them.

"You need to hold yourselves together and keep yourself cool."

"I'll slap you if you say anymore, Ara." Athy spoke and Ara ran a hand through her hair before she stood up and took a few steps away.

"This is what happens when I try to warn you guys." She muttered.

"Blessings and glory upon the Obelian Empire." Ara turned stiff as she heard Jeanette's voice.

"Jeanette..."

Ara turned around and walked over to the table and sat down on the chair.

"Welcome, Jeanette." Ara spoke and Jeanette smiled as she saw her but then her smile slowly faltered as she noticed His Majesty and Princess Athanasia looking at Ara with an expression which made her feel as though something was wrong with this situation.

Jeanette sat down and looked at the three.

"A-Are you well today, Your Highness?" Jeanette asked trying to lighten the thick atmosphere.

"So and so." Ara replied and poured herself some tea.

"Ara...?" Athy sounded angry as she spoke up.

"You want some too?" Ara asked as she leaned ahead and poured a cup to tea of everyone.

"Drink up." Ara said as she leaned back.

She felt the constriction in her chest and she closed her eyes for a moment trying to push the pain back as she saw the faces of those who loved her.