12. Holy Beasts and A Pretty Mage.

After having the tea and snacks time with Dad, I had thought I'd go and slack around for a bit but Athy dragged me to play with her.

"You're always working, Ara! Won't you play with me for some time?" She spoke making a pouty expression with puppy dog eyes, the similar one that she uses on Dad.

It was hard to say no when she made that face, "Fine."

"Yay!" She brightened up in an instant

"Let's play hide and seek, Felix you're the it!" She announced and held my hand.

"Let's hide, Ara!" She tugged at me as Felix turned around covering his eyes and started counting.

I looked at Athy's back and then at her small hand which held mine. I didn't know why but she was really acting like a 7 year old these days. It wasn't a bad thing, this child never got a good childhood or even the love of her family. I was the similar in that case but I still felt as if I should give her more happiness, as much as it was possible from me. I didn't want her happy smile to disappear, I didn't want the light from her eyes to dim.

I didn't even realise when this child who was my favorite character from a manhwa became so important me that my reality started revolving around her

I didn't even realise when this child who was my favorite character from a manhwa became so important me that my reality started revolving around her. I didn't even realise when I started seeing her as my real sister... and also Claude, I didn't think I'd ever see a day when I'd even think of as my Dad but now, the word Dad was automatically associated with Claude.

I smiled as Athy sorted through the bushes to find a good place to hide.

While looking she just suddenly stopped by the bushes and I stepped ahead and stopped to see what she was staring at.

My eyes went slightly wide as I saw the black dog and a white cat.

Wait, cat?! The black thing was Athy's mana beast but this white cat? Wait, it's not a cat.

"H-Hi?" Athy tried to get close to the pair but the black puppy seemed hesitant.

"Do you want some treats?" She stepped close and the puppy ran away.

The white beast stayed in place and stared at Athy who started running behind the puppy.

I and the baby beast stared at each other and I just knew, this thing was my mana beast.

"Come along." I said as I gestured it and it followed me.

I found Athy shouting and spotted Lucas who looked pretty annoyed. He was in his grown up form, in these two years he usually switched between his child form and adult form. I sighed with relief as finally these two met, just like how they did in the story.

"Not many people are allowed in here... What are you doing here?" Athy asked and I stood beside her with my beast hiding behind me.

"How many times do I have to tell you to not sleep around like a homeless beggar?" I asked as I crossed my arms at my chest.